September 11, 2014

It's Thursday.

I'm sitting here listening to Taylor Swift's "Red" album and eating soup. Naturally, I'm dreaming of fall - Sweaters, pumpkin everything, and romance seems to be in the air. Not necessarily with relationships, but for art. It's a creative time. But, unfortunately, it's still a million degrees outside and still feels every bit of summer. Except that school starts soon and I'm already starting to feel the stress. It's going to be one heck of a quarter, let me tell you.

I haven't been feeling so great over the past week or two, so I'm just taking it easy and feeling very sluggish. You know how that goes.

Yesterday was long and tiring. I was at the newspaper office from 10-6pm... I threw up a little before I came to school. I started feeling way worse throughout the day and everything was just hitting at once. It was easily one of the weirdest days of my life. It felt like a mini breakdown. I'm starting to think it's healthy, though. It's good to just FREAK OUT, honestly and organically. I've tried to hold it all in for so long, like I can handle everything with no problem, because so many others make it look easy - I can too. Trying to go through life without making mistakes, but that's how we grow. It's also okay not to be okay.

So, my best friend picked me up from school/work and came back to my house. We ate dinner  (I hadn't eaten practically all day. I had eaten bites of a donut and a cookie...On top of drinking iced tea from Starbucks and having to take medicine). I think I was on caffeine overload.

But, sometimes laying on the floor and having a chat about life with your best friend can instantly make everything better. We listened to "Shake It Off," talked about how our 20's are just a very confusing time, my cat kept us company and we laughed when we started getting tired.

Marissa took this picture of me....HAHAHAHA.


It was a good night.

So, I hope that when you're not feeling well that your best friends save the day and put a smile back on your face.

That's all for now,
Shelby




No comments:

Post a Comment