August 15, 2014

Spontaneous Adventures with Marissa and Shelby

Earlier this week, my best friend and I had planned to hang out, but we're never really sure of what to do. Sometimes we have lunch, sometimes we stay at my house or other times we'll go downtown and explore. This time, she asked me if I wanted to go to the Tejon Outlets, which just opened a couple weeks ago. I hadn't really planned on going anytime soon, but then I thought it could be one of those spontaneous adventures that we talked about earlier this year.
I woke up earlier, got ready, then Marissa came over. She chatted with my mom for a few minutes, then we were off. We stopped to get her car wash, then headed to Tejon for some shopping. We talked on the way, of course...And had a bit of an interesting time making our way into the shopping center, which gave us a lot of laughs and great video.

We were both hungry, so we decided to have lunch at the food court - Tony's Pizza. It was cheaper and it smelled really good at the time, so we went with it. We found a table near the back, away from the large crowds and sat down. Marissa and I talked some more, then we got our serious shop on. I used to love shopping, but over the years, it just kind of seems draining and I lose interest. Plus, I usually have no desire to go shopping unless I have money to spend and/or am looking for something specific. Marissa knows this about me, so she's always prepared for those moments when I might need sugar or I'm just ready to go completely.

However, I had an absolute blast. I was so impressed with how the shopping center looked for one thing - It was so nice, not a lot of people were there, wasn't too hot and there were a lot of great stores. We went to Pottery Barn and picked out things for our future apartment, which was SO fun. We looked at possible outfit ideas for the Katy Perry concert. We geeked out over just about everything in the "As Seen On TV" store, because they seriously have the coolest items that you don't even know you need until you get in there. And we bought some stuff at Windsor, because we couldn't live without it. We spent too much time looking through the bins for cool pins, because they had a ton and also got some friendship bracelets of Buzz and Woody from Toy Story, since they're our thing. We laughed about the most ridiculous things and had a fantastic time.

And then I had Marissa take this picture of me with a Captain America backpack in Hot Topic. 
Marissa was so excited to be in H&M. It was REALLY nice. 

Around 3:30, we decided to call it a day. We went and we conquered; found some good deals. We also grabbed some sodas on the way back, driving back into town, still laughing about our crazy inside jokes and how great the outlets were, while trying to cool off. Somehow in a matter of minutes, it felt extremely hot.

We came back to my house and were lazy for the rest of the afternoon, which was perfect. My mom and I also informed Marissa about the show "Married At First Sight." It's so fascinating and I can't get enough of it. But, I was sad when we were caught up and had no more episodes to watch. So, we just went to watching our usual E! News, talked and then my dad got home from work.

We ate dinner, then Marissa and I went to my room and talked for a couple hours. We also talked about Taylor Swift and watched videos of Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake on YouTube, because why not? But, my favorite moments are still those heart to hearts, where we can just lay it all on the line, without holding back - Whatever we may be going through, fears, we can laugh about the craziest ideas, we can stress out about situations together and we can talk it out and strategize. We always come up with a plan...All of that. There's nothing better. I feel like we get each other like no one else does.

Marissa left close to 1 a.m., and I couldn't believe how late it was. We had spent the entire day together and had such a blast. Those are memories I will cherish forever.

'Twas a good day. It makes me smile :)

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment