July 9, 2014

Time keeps on slippin' into the future

It's funny how you usually just need a bit of time to put things into perspective for you.

Last summer, I was stressing wondering how starting the new university would be. I wasn't sure whether I would be able to handle the workload, meeting new people, or whether it would get me to the job I wanted, and more than anything, I was afraid of making mistakes. I just wanted to fast forward time to walking across the stage and moving to Nashville. I was trying to rush the process, but what I soon learned is that the process/the journey is everything.

And now, as I'm enjoying my summer break, I also feel like I need to get back out there. I need to be doing something. Writing. Taking chances. Because now I know that I can handle it. I know that I'm good enough, and I'm capable of making things happen. There's no reason to compare myself to others or to wonder if I should be doing something like them. God has a specific plan for me, and if it's meant to happen, it will. I KNOW for a fact that it will this time.

It's just funny how all you need is a little time. A little time to grow into the role that you were born to play. A little time to gain experience. A little time to learn from others who have been there before and can pass on advice. A little time to get comfortable with the tasks that you have yet to accomplish. A little time to give yourself room to grow and that you're not going to have it all together right away. I'm still getting there, and that's okay.

I'm having a blast getting there anyway. I'm not getting distracted by the daydreams anymore, because now, those daydreams are right in front of me and I don't want to miss out on the opportunities.


That's all for now,
Shelby :)



No comments:

Post a Comment