April 10, 2014

My dream isn't mine


over the past couple years, it has been no secret that i've struggled with dreaming and making it a reality. i've questioned myself and whether i was on the right path, or whether there was something else out there. maybe this whole struggle was to lead me to something else, and maybe it is, but maybe it's just about putting God first and sticking it out to see it through to the end. i feel like i'm starting to make it through to the light at the end of the tunnel, but i still have a long road to go.

my mom posted this on facebook earlier and tagged me in it. it immediately changed my perspective about the purpose of a dream. God gave me the dream in my heart of writing and telling stories to help others, to bring them closer to Him and to use my life as a witness. it's not about me at all. and the problem has been that i've been trying to work it out myself, forgetting why I'm even here in the first place. 

i'm looking forward to taking a step back and letting God work through me. 

That's all for now,
Shelby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment