March 13, 2014

New obsession alert!

 

Last Saturday night, one of my best friend's sent me a text and said, "I have a new show for you." I was curious to hear what she had to say. I responded with, "Oh really?" Long story short, so I don't keep going back and forth, she said "Once Upon A Time." Hmm...I remember seeing the previews when it first premiered, because my mom and I thought it looked really good, but just never got around to watching it. I see everyone's tweets and posts on Facebook on Sunday night, while they're having heart attacks or picking their jaws up off of the floor because of it. It sounds really good. It has been on my list of things to watch, but something always jumped in front of it as far as priority. 

I looked it up on Netflix and tried to click the information guide, but instead clicked "play." I was in the middle of homework and thought, "Oh, I'll just watch it later," but after a few minutes, I thought..."Well, I might as well just watch the pilot, since it's on now." Let's just say, it didn't take long for me to fall in love. I'm a sucker for anything of a fairytale, but I also love dramas and I'm coming around to action. This has it all. 

So, here's the gyst: Emma Swan moves around a lot, and finds herself in Storybrooke, a small town in New England. She has had a troubled past and seems to find a lot of her answers here in this crazy town that is filled with (like many other small towns) eccentric characters. Only the twist is, they're all characters from fairytales, who don't remember a thing about their past life, because of the curse. And it's up to her to help them remember

This drama takes you on a ride through the parallels of real life and the classic fairytales we're all familiar with: Snow White/Prince Charming/the evil queen, Cinderella, Rumpelstiltskin, Little Red Riding Hood and so on. It is fascinating. They deal with love, friendship, family, and good-vs-evil, so it's everything you could ever want. There are so many dynamics to the characters, and everyone seems to have scenes together at one point or another, which I love as well.

I've always had this obsession with Snow White, as she is my favorite princess and I love Ginnifer Goodwin. She's perfect for the role of Snow/Mary Margaret, with that innocence, lily complexion and hair as dark as ebony. She's sweet, but also sassy and feisty when she needs to be. I'd like to say that I relate to her the most.


And then, there's her story with Prince Charming. I LOVE love stories. Especially adorable love stories with adorable couples like them. Plus, they're engaged with a baby on the way in real-life. I can't. Now, I send pictures of them to my best friend so we can discuss how sickeningly sweet they are.

There's also the whole story line here, involving these three. They are all my favorites.

I'm almost done with the first season, and once I finish writing those papers, I can focus all of my attention on the show.

STOP BEING SO CUTE!


WOO HOO!

That's all for now,
Shelby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment