March 15, 2014

Currently Playing: John Mayer


I was never a John Mayer fan! So many people LOVED his music, and I liked a few of his songs, but I just didn't get him.

But, then, he started dating Katy Perry…And suddenly he didn't seem all that bad. Here and there, I've started listening to his music and I was blown away. Like, how can someone's writing be THAT GOOD?!

This week, I've just been in a John Mayer kick and I can't get enough of it. It's like the kind of music you want to listen to to feel inspired, whether it's writing or brainstorming…whatever. That's exactly what I'm doing and I'm just loving it. I never realized how borderline "country" he is. He has so many songs that remind me of the early country days with Hank Williams and the like. He truly tells a story from start to finish.

I'm just really excited to be listening to new music and branching out more. It's also really exciting to see how his songwriting/style has evolved over the years.

WOO!

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment