November 11, 2013

Life as I know it...

Life has been crazy, as I'm finding that is my new normal, while school is in session. It's amazing that I went from having way too much free time to almost none. I guess this is what I've wanted for awhile now, so here it is. Always be careful when you wish for something, because you just might get it.

Like I said, school has been taking up most of my time..Working on the newspaper, presentations, films to analyze, papers to write, and everything in between. I've also been trying to keep up with my social life, but it's getting a bit harder to just hang out whenever I feel like it.

Monday
My mom bought me Taylor Swift coke cans to help me feel better! Sure did the trick :)
I woke up in the middle of the night REALLY sick, so I watched Parks and Rec for a little while, then fell back to sleep. I was still feeling miserable the next morning (even though I tried to go to class), so I stayed home, which was really nice, other than the throwing up  part. It gave me a chance to get a lot done and even watched a Hallmark movie with my mom and had some cocoa. As sad as it sounds, I wish more Mondays could be like that.









Tuesday
Classes as usual…

Wednesday 
Played Family Feud with my Newspaper Production class for free points…Nothing beats that.
All of my other responsibilities practically went out the window, because the CMA Awards were on, and those are VERY high on my priorities list! All day, I was living vicariously through friends who were in Nashville for the event, wishing with everything in me that I could be there. *Sigh* One of these days…

Thursday
Things were a bit more hectic, as I had a lot of last minute prepping to do with my group for the presentation in our Mass Media class (which is tomorrow..AHH), I was late grabbing lunch from the cafe (which I never do, because I usually bring my lunch..But, of all the days, you know???) We watched films in both of my classes, which were, uh, interesting to say the least. I also had to run around to get a petition for another class next quarter, but haven't heard anything back yet. I also did a lot of homework….

Friday
Twas a good day. I got to sleep in, ran some errands with my mom. We had lunch at a new(er) restaurant, then I went over to the Fox Theater, where a film fest was being held, to interview the guy in charge of the event. I got to meet Lou Gosset Jr.'s son, and the place was hopping with a lot of other important looking people. I came home, worked on homework, got ready, then went back to the Fox Theater for the night! It was fun, getting a little dressed up, listening to the story of how Hollywood came to be, and also got to see the film "Heart of Tango" which was done by Joey Travolta, who is John Travolta's older brother. It was a fun evening; made me feel like a celebrity going out to a fancy event. I even left a little early …*shhh….*

Saturday
I slept in again, but not too late, because I had to do that whole "responsible" thing and get some things started earlier. I made notes for the article I was in the middle of writing for the newspaper, then had a bit of quiet time with God. That really made my heart so full and happy. I haven't done it in awhile and I know I should, but I end up feeling so stressed out that I push it off to the side, because I feel like there isn't time. I need to MAKE time.
A little later on, we went out to lunch with my aunt at Hodel's, which is a buffet of home cooking here in town. I even ran into one of my friends who works out there, and we got to chat for a few minutes. After lunch, we went to Costco, where I got to visit with one of my best friends and look around for awhile. You can tell the holiday rush is already coming because it was packed! When we were done at Costco, we went to Lowe's, because my aunt was still on the search to find dark blue ornaments for her tree, because she's making it "Navy" themed to match her living room.
I needed to get home after that, so I worked on homework for the rest of the night, feeling SO stressed out and ready to either cry or punch a hole in the wall. Still not totally sure. Finally, I took a break and watched a little more of Parks and Rec, which put me in a happy place, and I'm still anticipating the episodes where Adam Scott and Amy Poehler are together. *Sigh*
But, I digress. I finally went to bed, feeling a little something like this:


Sunday:

ignore the messy room ;)


Yesterday was a pretty magical day, I have to say. I woke up, went to church, had lunch with my parents, then spent the afternoon working on homework (what else would I be doing??). Later on in the afternoon, I went to a wedding. It's not everyday that you get invited to a wedding for one of your friends, least I don't. This was a first and I wanted to enjoy every single second of it. My friend, Hillary, from church found herself a man, and is going to spend the rest of her life with him. I feel giddy just thinking about it. She's the first of our group and it's CRAZY! We couldn't stop freaking out over it. I got all gussied up, and met up with Viviyan for the ceremony, which was at the beautiful and historic Kern County Museum. There are old Victorian homes, other old buildings and trees all around. It's very country-esque, and that's exactly what the feel of Hillary's wedding was. The fall weather was perfect, and you could hear the trees rustling in the breeze, just moments before the ceremony started, while some folksy music was played in the background.

When the ceremony ended, the happy couple rode away on the back of a red, vintage "Navy" pickup truck. It was easily one of the cutest things in the world. 

Viviyan didn't make it to the reception, so Ceci picked me up and off we went. We found our name tag and walked upstairs to our table. Wearing heels and stairs just don't mix, so we hardly moved all night. Ceci and I then couldn't stop freaking out about everything; how beautiful it all looked, and then, of course, the adorable couple. We waited around for awhile, since the wedding party had to take pictures,  but it gave Ceci and I a chance to catch up. I have missed the girls so much! And now, it seems like that chapter of all of us being together again is closed, but all for a very good reason. The DJ played country music all night long, which made all of our hearts swoon as each of the songs came on. There was a lot of George Strait, and of course, some modern hits thrown in there every once in awhile. We had dinner, then Hillary and Zach had their first dance to "Bring It on Home," by Little Big Town, which was so sweet, and Hillary and her dad danced to Gary Allan's "Tough Little Boys"…Each of those brought tears to my eyes.
Why is it that your parents don't warn you about these moments? Life never stops being weird. I don't think these moments will ever stop feeling strange, no matter how old I get, and honestly, I hope it doesn't. Because, I don't want to become so immune to everything around me that I can't appreciate or feel them. I know things will be even weirder once friends start having babies! But, one thing at a time here…Ha! We stuck around for a little while longer, but headed out before the dancing got started. I wish we would've had more time to congratulate Hillary, but I guess weddings are a little crazy and hectic! After seeing hers, though, I am SO excited to plan my own someday when I find the right person and I know the rest will just fall into place. I have to keep believing that, no matter how tough it may seem. There's always hope.

The rest of my evening was once again filled with stress, wanting to pull my hair out, wanting to kick scream and just questioning how much I even really want to be a journalist anymore. But, maybe that's a good thing. Maybe you're supposed to have these "curiosities" of wondering whether that plan you've always wanted is going to happen.

I also had a little time to reminisce on these wonderful days and memories when the girls and I first met.  We were all at such different places in our lives and needed each other to get past them. I'd say it's safe to say, we're well on our way to carrying out who we're meant to be. Love each of them so much! <3 p="">


Congrats to Hillary, and I can't wait to see who's next from the group ;)

And now, it's time to start finishing up the planning for the rest of this week… BLAH! Say a few prayers for me!


That's all for now,
Shelby :)








No comments:

Post a Comment