October 22, 2013

{You wanna give up cause it's dark, we're really not that far apart}

I think it's healthy to freak out and to have a slight mental breakdown from time. It's okay to not know exactly where you're going to end up, even if you have your dreams and plans It's okay to not know what step to take next. I think days of feeling lost can actually be that push you need to ultimately snap you back into the game and getting back to your passion.

Yesterday, I had a meeting with my adviser, after a bit of a frustrating afternoon. I was already feeling..Not overwhelmed, but already feeling a ton of things piling up that I wanted to say something about. I was feeling like I had no idea what classes I even needed to take or if I'm on the right track, but really I think it was just me starting to second guess myself for the sake of it. I came out of my appointment, walking on campus in a fog, not really seeing much of anything. It was like an out of body experience.

But, then a recent Taylor Swift quote popped into my head,

 "I've questioned everything about myself, every step of the way. 
You have to have the same amount of fear and self-doubt as you do hope and blind optimism."
 //
it reminded me that you have to have those moments of doubt, because without it, I don't think you can appreciate the success when it comes, because it just naturally happened. If you get everything you wished for, do you cherish it as much or do you take it for granted? I think we all end up doing the latter.

Well, life doesn't work that way. You have to start at the bottom, if you want to get to the top. That's something that our culture or maybe just our generation has a hard time wrapping their minds around, but it's the truth. Life isn't fair. Sometimes, you're going to work your butt off and some people are only going to do the bare minimum and know the right person who will open the door to everything for them. But, hang in there.

I just have to believe that God always gets us to where we need to be as long as we're doing our part, working hard and trusting His bigger plan. Everything happens for a reason and you will ALWAYS end up where you're supposed to be.

That's all for now,
Shelby :)


Song of the day (also quoted title):
Compass-Lady Antebellum

No comments:

Post a Comment