October 23, 2013

{There's always gonna be another mountain, I'm always gonna wanna make it move...}

I guess there are always going to be people and roadblocks standing in the way between you and your dreams. It's not your job to fix them or to even make them see things the way you or to even remove them from your life completely. Those things are going to help you, whether it's gaining perspective, learning to speak up or figuring out what YOU can do to make the situation better. It's your job to figure out how you can still get to the finish line despite those who might not see your vision and the plans that you might have. It's in your heart for a reason. So, trust your instinct and pray with everything in you that it works out. If not, just keep trying to find a way until you find something that works out.

With the classes I've been taking involving communications (which is all of them), I've been learning a lot about people and the way they work. But, more importantly, I've been learning about how I need to take action and how I can respond to those things. I have been given a voice to speak up about the things that are important to me, whether it's in class or whether it's working on stories for the newspaper. I want to tell the truth and I want to focus on things that are important to me, where I know other people can relate, whether it's with music, TV, or the bigger things in life, like, not giving up when you feel like you have every reason to just throw in the towel or when you're lonely, because friends always seem to forget about you.

I just want to say you are NOT alone and that's one thing that I want to help people with. I've had moments of loneliness, but you can't let those things hold you down for long. Give yourself a few minutes to acknowledge it, listen to Katy Perry's "Roar", and get back on your feet as soon as possible, because there is too much to be done! A lot of little moments from feeling overwhelmed with what classes to take, changes at the paper, and so much homework has made me that more focused on what I want to say and what I want my place to be. Challenges can only make you stronger, right?

Alright, I'll get off my pedestal now and let you all carry on with your day.

That is all,
Shelby :)

Song of the day lyrics: 
The Climb-Miley Cyrus 

No comments:

Post a Comment