September 10, 2013

Never, Never, Never Give Up...


There have been so many times lately that I have been so close to throwing in the towel because no door seems to be opening and things just seem to be taking a lot longer than expected. It feels like everyone around me, including people who are younger, are getting more opportunities and great starts for college and their careers...And I'm just sitting here, constantly wondering if I'm in the right place or if I should be doing more or what I'm even supposed to be doing to move forward.

Well, I've been praying that God would allow the right opportunities and the right doors to open for the path that will ultimately lead me to Nashville or whatever career path He may put me on. Yesterday, I got one of those very opportunities. You're looking at the newest writer for the entertainment site, PopWrapped! It's not an extremely well known site right now, but they're getting ready to launch another site hopefully at the end of this month that will get more attention. I'm just thankful for the opportunity, as it will count as an internship. It's helping me get acquainted with people, getting stories in, doing a little bit of research, and just getting more practice for the writing itself when it comes to official statements and news about the industry, rather than just opinion pieces.

I have already written a few stories, because I have a lot of time on my hands, so you should head on over to PopWrapped to check them out and other articles from the rest of the staff. It seems like a pretty great team and they have a wonderful system going so far.

Also, I have started SERIOUSLY looking for a job. I turned in an application over the weekend, and I'm hoping to look into a couple more this week. Then, on Monday, school starts up again. I feel like it has been SO LONG since I've actually been in a classroom with students and actual assignments, so it's definitely going to take some getting used to, and if I do get a job with some of the extra activities I have going on, it's going to take a lot of scheduling and going to bed a whole lot earlier, eating healthier and getting better with time management.

So many changes going on and it's a bit overwhelming right now. Growing up is seriously no joke, but even as stressful as these moments can be transitioning into a new chapter...I have to keep reminding myself that I'm extremely excited about where this road is taking me, or at least where I think it's taking me right now. Even though it's terrifying not knowing, it's kind of a thrill, too. And at the end of the day, this dream is worth every bit of it.

Now, is the time to just keep pressing on, shooting for the stars and whatever other cliche is out there. Gotta put in the work to see the results...Here I go!

Wish me luck and say a few prayers for me :0

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment