March 31, 2013

Wednesday

Wednesday was a lot of fun! I ended up going over to my friend, Viviyan's, house for the day. We watched The Office and played the Clue board game that I had gotten for my birthday with her sisters. It was so much fun! It was a little time consuming at first, realizing what every card and move of the game meant or did. But, once we started playing, it was easier to get into a system. It's amazing how something so simple like that can turn into one of the greatest days! We wore our pjs/comfy clothes, snacked on food, and just hung out. It was perfect!
Later on, Viviyan dropped me off at home and I had just enough time to get ready for dinner with some other friends that night. My friend, Liz, picked me up, and off we went to meet up with some our high school friends. I don't really hang out or talk to them as much as I'd like, so it was cool to catch up with them. Maybe it's a good thing that our friendship isn't the same in high school...Maybe it's better that way for reasons I might not quite understand right now. But, I'm glad they're still there to remind me of who I was or who I might want to be. We talked about each others' lives; some of have girlfriends, some have broken up, some are getting ready for another semester of school, some have jobs, etc. And then there's me...Not really having changed much when it comes to things like that. But, that's okay. My time will come.

When we finished dinner, we hung out in the parking lot for awhile, after saying goodbye to Cory. Liz and I were able to talk, just the two of us, while the guys went off for a bit and hung out in Liz's truck. It's amazing to me how even after awhile of not seeing each other that much, some friendships really can just pick up where they left off. There may be a lot of catching up to do in between, but that's okay...You're still the same people, and changing is a natural thing that happens in life. You just have to take it for what it is, which is a harder concept for me to grasp than I realized, but I'm getting there.



I don't know where we'll all end up five years from now...Ten years from now...So on...But, for right now, they're still in my life. And whatever moments we spend together, or don't, I have to treasure them. Because staying friends for a long time this day in age is rare to come by, so the fact that they still care is something I have to hold on to. Maybe in some ways they're like the glue; a sort of puzzle piece that I'd be missing in my life if they were completely out of it. Other people have come into my life, and others have almost permanently disappeared, but there have been a core 4 or 5 people that are still in the background, no matter what happens.

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment