March 7, 2013

Sunday!

Sunday was a pretty typical day; woke up, went to church, the usual. It was another great service, part of the dream again series, which usually has me in tears by the end of it or thinking of what I need to do to get started on the life God has planned for me. We didn't stay long after the service ended, just said hi to a couple of people, then had lunch at Outback. Things got really cooky there; we sat in booth 23, and "Stars Go Blue" came on over the radio. So, if that's not an OTH moment, I don't know what is. I had my parents cracking up, which is always fun and I don't remember laughing that much in a really long time, so it was nice.


We came home for a little while, then my dad and I went out driving. It has been several weeks again since I've done it, so it was rather interesting to get into it again. I wanted to come up with an excuse as to why we couldn't go, but I had nothing, and know I need to get my license SOON! I think I made quite a bit of progress. I made a few Uturns, which was exciting, because I've always been a little terrified of how that works, and drove out on a country road several times. Well, while I was making a sharp turn, I somehow lost control of the car a bit, going off into the dirt, then hit the gas instead of the brake, because I freaked myself out! HAHA! But, we survived, and then I knew what I had to do to avoid that the next times. 






After about an hour, I drove home, and bought some music on itunes, wrote in my journal and relaxed. It was a pretty perfect afternoon for doing just that, since the weather was a little gloomy outside. Then, we went out for dinner at Arby's, which was cool, then came home and played Yahtzee! I forgot how much fun it could be, because it has been years since we last played. My dad cranked up some of his music, then I switched it to Taylor Swift's Red. We were laughing and joking, and it reminded me once again of the things you can do when you just put your phone down or step away from the computer every once in awhile.


I went to bed feeling like things are about to turn around. I have a new outlook, and I hope that I can make it last; maybe I'm finally out of this "funk" I've been in for way too long now. I also started feeling sick again, but figured it would pass. It didn't. 

That's all for now, 
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment