March 29, 2013

Just Checking In


Wow! I can't believe that its been a couple weeks since the last time I updated. That is probably the longest I've ever gone without getting on here to blog or at least check things out/brainstorm, since I faithfully started writing on here almost three years ago.

I have started another blog (http://shelbyn92.wordpress.com/), and I've been toying around with the idea of quitting this one, to focus on the other, just for a change and part of this new season in my life of being 21. I thought maybe it was time to say goodbye to this one and start a new journey, and just for a new project to have with designing the layout, starting new stories, adding pictures, which is something I always look forward to.

I feel like there have been a lot of transitions and changes going on in my life lately, but there's no reason to abandon this blog just because of that! If anything, I should hold onto it as long as I can, to remember all of the past memories I've had and to keep moving forward with new memories to be made. I've been thinking a lot, dreaming a lot, and hoping for the best in the future. I've been thinking a lot about what I truly want to do with my life and who I am right now...Who I want to be in years to come. I don't want to sound "new agey" because that's not what I'm going for, but I have been doing a bit of self reflection; trying to change some of my ways and figure out what I want. I have so many goals and things that I finally want to get started on all of the things I've been talking about for years. I forget how young I am sometimes, and this is the time to experiment with new ideas or whims of things I might want to try, within reason, of course. And I forget that I still have time to achieve everything...I just need to give myself time and actually get out there and apply myself. I just feel like there's so much I want to do, that I don't have anything figured out. It's all part of the experience, right?

Well, that's all for now! I hope to update about my life and what I've been up to very SOON!

~Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment