March 12, 2013

Down The Road

This morning came extremely quick with the whole time changing deal. Carrie Underwood's "One Way Ticket" kept going off, until I finally got up and got ready. My mom made cinnamon rolls, so I ate while I finished putting on my makeup, then off to church we went. It was a beautiful day outside, and you could definitely tell spring was in the air.



Church was great, as always! I just wasn't in the most cheery of moods, which seems to have been going on lately, and I'm not sure why, but that's how its been. I felt a little more relieved after the message, which was dealing with commitment; how we should be in our relationship with Christ and others, which is definitely something I needed to hear. A reminder to be devoted, even when I might not necessarily feel like it.



When we left church, we decided to have lunch at the Steak&Grape, and some family friends ended up meeting us there, which was fun! It was great catching up with them and just having more company. It always makes for a fun afternoon.





















When we finished lunch, we ended up going to Sweet Surrender, a local bakery shop, for their open house event! One of Oprah's favorite things in her magazine this month was their Lemon white chocolate cake, and they were having samples and other goodies, so we thought we'd check it out. They had tents set up with samples, lemonade, ice tea, and a big decorative cake, thanking Oprah for the recognition! It looked really fun and springy. I tried a slice of the cake, and it was delicious. Perfect for this time of year! We looked around the store a little while, and I found a shirt to wear to the Idol show on Wednesday, which I'm super excited about, then we left.

We came home for a bit after that, then my dad and I went driving. After last week's weirdness, I wasn't sure if I was really up for it, but knew I needed to just keep sticking with it. After I got behind the wheel, it's like I wasn't so freaked out anymore. It all started to feel more natural, and I think it's because I haven't been waiting so long in between. I was driving on the street without freaking out that cars were coming, and I couldn't help but think about how far I've come, even in just the little bit that I've been practicing. Am I ready to take freeways? NO! But, it might not be much longer, you never know. There was even a moment where some huge, ugly truck came into my lane, which made me have to slow down, in case he were going faster! My dad thought I handled it very nicely. There were also cars passing around me, but what are you going to do? We were gone for a little over an hour, I think, then I decided I was ready to go home.

I thought I was going to hang out with a friend, but that didn't happen, so I just kept cleaning my room. I was going to Sam's Club with my parents, but they were closed, so we ended up driving out to a park clear across town. It's a gorgeous little park, where you can see the river, surrounded by mountains, and is probably one of my favorite places in my city. There's usually no one around; it's so peaceful and quiet, and allows you to get away from the chaos. We took some pictures and spent a few minutes taking in the scenery, then got back in the car to head back down to the city. It was the perfect time to go; sunset. I easily could have spent several hours there, just being still and listening for inspiration, but maybe some other time. One of the things I'll miss when I'm out of the house and on my own is the random trips I'll take with my parents. I love how they're usually up for an adventure as much as I am, or they're willing to go along with it, if it's something I want to do. It's something I take for granted A LOT, but I'm learning to appreciate more and more.







By that time, we were pretty hungry, so we went to Chili's. It took a little while to get a table, but we were finally able to sit down. There was a problem in the kitchen, so the food took a little longer, but we had chips and salsa to keep us occupied for awhile! HA! It was a great way to end the day.

Awesome weekend!  Now, to see what the rest of this week holds...

~Shelby :)


No comments:

Post a Comment