March 9, 2013

Antiquing

Tuesday morning, I woke up feeling much better than the day before. I talked to one of my best friends about our plans to go antiquing, and she kept making sure that I felt well enough to go, otherwise we could do it another time. But, I'd been looking forward to it and felt good, so we set a time and went from there. I spent most of the morning just hanging out, watching Full House, then decided to get ready, eat lunch and just waited for her to pick me up.




Marissa picked me up, then we went back to her house to meet up with one of her friends, Michael, who was going to come with us. We'd only met one other time, so it was a chance to get to hang out with him too, which was fun!
We headed downtown, laughing, then just randomly stopped at a few antique stores. We didn't really have a plan, which made things more exciting. I found SO many amazing things in the first store we went into, which lasted for close to two hours, I'd say! There were so many trinkets, furniture, postcards, and just about anything else along the lines of home decor. If you didn't look carefully, you could miss a lot. I was really wishing I'd had more money. I ended up buying too many postcards, and that took most of my money, but I thought they were really cool and rare, so there's that. I hope I can find a way to use them for decoration in my room somehow; maybe Pinterest has some ideas.
We went to another antique store just at the corner of the street, which had a ton of old collector's items as well. I just love all of the stories that are in one place that have been donated over the years. It's cool to wonder what happened to them or who they belonged to all of these years. I found this really amazing plaid suitcase that I was starting to wish I'd saved my money for, but, maybe next time I'll learn.








A little while later, we went to another antique store, In Your Wildest Dreams, which my aunt had told me about. She had gotten a lot of my recent birthday and Christmas presents there, so I wanted to check it out. Well, they were getting ready to close, but I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. We got to the store, and it was HUGE. There were several levels and it went pretty far back, so there was a lot to cover. They had a lot of amazing clothes; past and recent, as well as furniture and other home goods. Marissa and I were joking that I need to get a job and she'd look for a new one so we could buy a place together and decorate it with all of the antiques we'd been seeing.


When we knew the store was about to close, we headed out, and I figured that would be the end of my day, but, apparently that was just the beginning of the fun. I just really love our downtown area! They're fixing it up a lot, and it looks beautiful. There are so many cool coffee shops and stores that I'd like to try out. We said we'll have to do the antiquing thing again, but start earlier, have breakfast and make a list of the places we want to go. 
I ended up going to dinner with Michael, Marissa, and her boyfriend, which was a blast! It was my first time of getting to hang out with them on a normal night, because they do stuff like that all the time. I felt like I hadn't been out and about in weeks like that, so I was up for anything. Part of my initiation was picking the place to eat, and I did it in a pretty quick manner, I'd say. I picked a delicious, local burger place, which was tasty! Then, the guys were still wanting to do something else, so we went bowling! 
It was very entertaining! I hadn't been in awhile, so it was fun to do something different than normal, and the drunk guys next to us definitely made for an interesting time. One of the guys had everyone's names memorized in our lane and the lane on the other side of them. After awhile, it was a little creepy, but I don't think that's what he was going for. 
After two games, we played a few games of air hockey in the arcade, which was fun. I hadn't played that in ages, man, I forgot how tiring it can be! It works the arms A LOT! It was hilarious watching the guys get so into it (while Marissa and I were having "girl talk"), and then Marissa and I who would accidentally knock the puck into each other's goal to score, when we actually played! HAHA. 


It was starting to get a bit later, but the guys were hungry again, so we ended up at Sonic. I just had an ice tea, and we all sat in Marissa's car talking about random subjects like The Office and American Idol to the famous goat videos. Marissa can now not listen to "I Knew You Were Trouble" without hearing the goat. hahahahahaha. Mission accomplished. I don't think I've had that much fun in awhile of just having a simple night like that. Also, I was voting for American Idol...Yup, that's talent. I hadn't watched yet, but when you have a favorite, you stick by them...And of course, Kree and Angie were incredible, so I felt good with my voting. 


Finally, after the lights turned off at Sonic, we took that as our clue to leave, and it was close to 11 anyway, so it was good to get home. Marissa dropped me off, and I hung out with my parents for a little while. It was seriously one of the best days/nights I've had in a really long time. It was a great reminder to me that I'm still young, and I should get out more and just be in good company, instead of acting as if my life has already passed me by.

I definitely can't wait until we all hang out again!

That's all,
Shelby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment