February 25, 2013

The Weekend Review

 I always look forward to the weekends, as most people do. No, I don't work, and I don't have a lot of schoolwork to attend to these days, but I still just love the weekends. It gives my parents and I a chance to spend time together, and we usually do some sort of fun thing, as well. We were supposed to be helping my grandpa move this weekend, but that ended up not happening, so we were free to do whatever. 

Saturday, we had lunch, then went to the movies to see Safe Haven again. My dad hadn't seen it, and I wanted to see it again, so he went with my mom and I. I was just as excited, if not more so! And this time, they had posters...I could not contain my excitement about that one (so, I grabbed 4...). The movie was just as incredible this time, although the ladies behind us kept commenting on everything, and even said out loud, what they thought the ending was going to be like...Way to ruin that one, but it was all good.
When we got out of the theater, my mom listened to her voicemail; it was my grandma. My grandpa had gone into the hospital with chest pains, and would be staying overnight. It always freaks me out to get calls like that, because I always expect the worst, but he's all good and at home now.

We stopped by Kohl's, because I wanted to look for some shoes that Lauren Conrad had designed. That was fun, and they had a lot of other things on sale, so it was fun just checking out all of the new spring lines. There were so many bright colors, and I absolutely LOVE that! 



We came home for awhile just to hang out, and figure out what we were going to do that night. We brainstormed a few ideas, then just decided to go to Sam's Club. It was a wonderful time to go, because there was hardly anyone there, which meant no waiting in line.
After, we went to dinner, then ended up at Target to pick up a few things. I got new PJ pants and some Twizzlers; I was having a weird night, so that definitely helped me perk up a bit. My mom and I were starting to feel a bit under the weather again, so we took medicine. I turned in a lot earlier than usual, started re-reading Safe Haven, then finally fell asleep after awhile. 







Sunday was the same as usual. I got up, did my makeup and hair, got dressed, then it was off to church we go. The service was incredible! It was about having faith and taking that leap to dream again, which is something I've been struggling with a lot lately, and I feel like because of yesterday's message, I feel ready to get back in the game and start believing that God is going to do some incredible things. 
After church, we hung around for a few minutes and said hi to some people, then had lunch at Chuy's. I'm not that crazy about it, but my parents like it, and I didn't want to come up with somewhere else to eat, so that's where we went. I had a chicken sandwich, which wasn't too bad.
We stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up some stuff for colds, then headed home, so I could park myself in front of the TV for the rest of the afternoon to watch the Oscar coverage. I live for award show season; it's kind of a big deal in my house! :)

I always watch E! for red carpet coverage, because I love Giuliana and Ryan, and I have gotten so used to them and the way they work, that watching anyone else on another station is just annoying. I trust E! for most of my celebrity news anyway...
Last night, we ordered food from one of our favorite Mexican restaurants (I ordered a Cheeseburger and fries), and we watched the award show. I thought it was entertaining, but as a whole, let's be honest, the show itself is just a bit long and a bit boring...But, it's totally worth sitting through to see your fave celebs and the fashion!!!! (Full post to come on the show)
I also love when the award shows are on at the same time everywhere, because that way I can keep up with all of my friends that live in other states, and can see what they think. 
My inspiration board of people who inspire me: Nick Jonas, Ian Somerhalder, Taylor Swift, Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, Sophia Bush, and Bethany Joy Lenz
Inside joke with my parents all weekend...HAHAHAHA. 
In my sweats, watching The Oscars, so when my time of walking or interviewing on the red carpet comes, I'll be able to tell my cliche story of how I used to watch in my sweats. I'm a dork, I know! ;)


I had a really nice weekend! So, here's to hoping for an even better week, with a better outlook and more positive thinking, no matter what happens! 

That's all,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment