February 19, 2013

The Weekend Review

Saturday:
Saturday mornings are typically the same routine; I wake up late, take my time getting ready, while watching Saved by the Bell on MTV2, and waiting to see what the day holds. I had some hot tea and took it easy, since I still wasn't feeling too great. It was perfect! I also started messing around with an app I've had for awhile, and just found a new feature. It's pretty awesome, so I spent time editing pictures with that.






My parents and I finished getting ready, then ended up going to the town where my dad works to eat lunch and spend the day. We listened to the Safe Haven soundtrack on the way up, and it was perfect for the occasion. It's a lot of countryside, and the simple tunes were so easy to listen to, you couldn't help but daydream. My dad had gotten a gift certificate, so we decided to try the restaurant, Dickey's BBQ out, and it was really good. After lunch, we explored the town a bit; went to a few stores, my dad showed us a few stops that he delivers to and some of the places he talks about all the time, and we ended up going into a really cool store with all sorts of gifts and home goods.








   
The rest of the night, we hung out at home. I was bored, trying to figure out what I should do, and then we went to dinner at Panera, which was amazing. We also got free Easter cookies, which was awesome. We mainly talked about The Brady Bunch at dinner that night, because my mom and I have been watching it a lot lately, so that was fun. Dinner was good too! When we finished, we ended up just driving around town, which I love doing. 
We came home, watched some Jeopardy, and as I started getting ready for bed, I started feeling horrible again.





Sunday:
I ended up being up most of the night, throwing up and feeling miserable. I tried to take my mind off of things by watching some episodes of Boy Meets World. Around 5 a.m, I fell asleep and woke up around 8, still feeling sick. I didn't go to church; I just stayed in bed, trying to take it easy, watched Parenthood, got a bit of writing done, and talked to one of my best friends. My parents brought home lunch from Denny's, and I was starting to feel better, but ended up taking a nap for a few hours, which did me a world of good. I was starting to get a little energy back, so I took a shower and got ready. A little while later, we went out to dinner with some family friends, had some ice cream with them, and while it probably wasn't good to eat so heavy after being sick...I'm used to it; I know what I can handle and what I can't, so I was good.
My parents dropped me off, where I spent the time watching more Parenthood and feeling artsy, and they went to the grocery store. It was a nice time! 







I had a really good weekend, despite the getting sick part. It's definitely reminding me of how I need to take care of myself and just getting back into eating better, exercising and all that jazz. It's definitely a motivator, if nothing else. 

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment