February 3, 2013

Reunited

Over the past few months, one of my best friends, Marissa and I had decided that Thursdays would be our day! So, that's exactly what we've done for several months; she'd come to my house, we'd talk for hours, watch TV, do nothing, eat dinner, and it was really awesome! After Christmas, things got a little hectic, then came my birthday, and I've been sick for the past couple weeks, so we haven't had time to get together. This week, we finally reunited and it was a blast! It's amazing that we can do nothing exciting at all, yet they're some of the best times that I've ever had. 

We opened our Christmas/birthday presents from each other, which is the first official time we've exchanged like that, so it was a lot of fun! She got me the Jim and Pam bobbleheads from The Office, and I got her Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck perfume and a Sheldon (The Big Bang Theory) figurine. I was SO excited about mine! I had really wanted the Jim and Pam, but just didn't really have the money! She knows me well! 
                       
When we were over the excitement of our gifts, we talked...and talked...and talked some more! We had a lot of catching up to do, even though we text every day. There are plenty of stories that just don't translate well through text, or that you have to go over again because it's just that good...or that bad. I wanted Marissa to watch last week's episode of The Office because she hadn't seen it and it was SO GOOD. While we were doing that, I was also tweeting John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer about my present, hoping to get their attention, when I got a notice that Jenna had RT'd me and I was FREAKING OUT. I told Marissa and we started freaking out together. Seriously, I was almost tearing up. It was a really amazing moment. I'm not even going to pretend with that one. 
Jenna Fischer RT'd me!!!!!!!!!! AHHH! :D
My dad got home a bit later that night, so we didn't eat dinner until nine; when The Office was on. We stayed in my room, almost in complete silence, unless laughing in between bites because we were so enthralled with the new episodes...and talking about our dislike for Brian's character. He just needs to go away! The show ended, we finished dinner, and decided to just chill a bit; took some polaroid pictures and watched the end of Letters To Juliet, then Marissa had to leave. 



Frame I put together of some of our old notes from high school and the pictures we took!  :) Too many Pinterest/Instagram artsy ideas...LOL. 
It was a seriously awesome time! It just reminds me that good company is all that matters. It doesn't matter what you're doing or where you are, as long as you have good friends, you're set! We made plans that we'll have to do a baking day/sleepover/John Krasinski movie marathon SOON, so I'm looking forward to that :)

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment