February 26, 2013

Oscars 2013

The Oscars are Hollywood's biggest night; the Superbowl of movies, where all of the biggest stars get their "fancy" on, and rock the red carpet. It's something I always look forward to year after year, and I hope to be on the red carpet interviewing people someday. It's becoming a bigger reality now that I'm getting closer to being done with college, so I'm just accepting it, and letting God do whatever He wants with the dream.

Enough about that, let's talk fashion. After all, that is why most of us watch these things to begin with...

Best Dressed:





Jennifer, Sandra, and Reese have to be my top three! I just absolutely love them; not only for the work they've done, but just for always looking so fab on the red carpet. To me, they always get it right. 

Cutest Couples

Justin Theroux and Jennifer Aniston! 
Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner; absolutely adorable-They have always been my favorite. I also have to say that Jennifer Garner is always one of my best dressed nominees, as well! (so, she's just a given from now on).


Moving on to the main award show, I was actually pleasantly surprised with Seth MacFarlane as the host. I'm not a big fan of his, and was afraid he might go a bit overboard on the jokes, but thought he was actually pretty tame and funny. I could have done without several of the dance numbers and super long monologue, but it was pretty entertaining. It might have felt like the longest award show ever, but these things just tend to go super long, no matter who is involved...Nothing against him. 

Some highlights of the show for me, were:

  • Jennifer Aniston presenting! 
  • Jennifer Lawrence falling! 
I mean, seriously, who else would make falling look so cool?! And what a gentleman Hugh Jackman was to try to help her get up. SO COOL! 

  • Anne Hathaway winning the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress

  • The cast of Les Mis singing! 

  • Ben Affleck's speech for best picture; if that didn't encourage you to keep dreaming and going after what you want most, then I don't know what will. He is proof of it! 
"You have to work harder than you think you possibly can. You can't hold grudges! I know it's hard, but you can't hold grudges. And it doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life, because that's gonna happen; all that matters is you just gotta get back up."
*Chills*
And how can you forget that proud look on Jennifer's face every time he wins and every time he thanks her and talks about how amazing she is?! *AWWWW*

Bonus: 
Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev at Elton John's screening party! 


After watching these awards, I always feel inspired by the celebrities that I admire most, and it comforts me to know that at one time or another, they doubted themselves or questioned whether any of their dreams would actually happen. They had to eat ramen noodles out of cups or went through a phase where they couldn't afford cable...And now look at them! It will happen someday, so they key is to never give up...It'll pay off eventually. 

That's all for now,
Shelby

P.S-Who did you think was best dressed? Favorite moments of The Oscars? Tweet them to me 
---> @ShelbyN92

No comments:

Post a Comment