January 22, 2013

Things I'm Loving

Dumbo: 
How can you honestly look at this face without melting? I don't think I've ever actually seen this movie more than once or twice, but I just love how bashful he is. Plus, seeing him around at Disneyland and riding the rides, just made me get into a "Dumbo" kick. 
Alice In Wonderland Tea:
The popular thing at Disneyland was Alice In Wonderland tea! I kept seeing it around at all of the stores we went in along Main Street and even at California Adventures on Buena Vista Street. There were all different types of sets that they came in, and there was even a tea pot! I've been sick for the past couple of days, and hot tea always makes me feel better, so I've been trying different flavors, and so far they're all really yummy! It's a little pricey for tea, but if you're an Alice fan, then it's totally a must! 

 Tangled: 
I LOVE Tangled! I really think it's Disney's best modern day animated film! The love story is great, but I also love that Rapunzel is very independent, and isn't sitting around and waiting for "Prince Charming" to come around and save her, it just happens to work that she finds him, while finding her independence. Plus, the boat scene is probably one of the best things in Disney history; the song, the lights...*sigh* It's all perfect!

The Kardashians:
I am definitely back into my Kardashian phase! That usually tends to happen when their shows are on. Especially after visiting the store and seeing Kourtney, I'm totally in a Kardashian state of mind now. And I'm really excited to see what Lord Disick brings to the table this season...Really, he's probably my favorite on the show. And sometimes, I forget that this is a "reality" show and that they're all just characters. But, I just really love their family and how close they are, even when they're yelling and screaming at everything in the process. 

Shane West:
Well, when do I ever not like him? It just popped into my head today that I haven't watched A Walk To Remember in a couple of months, and that's just not okay... It's pretty much my favorite movie of all time, along with Titanic. And Shane West has been one of my "celeb crushes" for as long as I can remember...So there's that! He even tweeted me one time, and it was a really awesome day ;). 

Liz Huett: 
She used to be Taylor Swift's backup singer, but now she is spreading her wings to do her own thing in the music business and I could not be more excited for her! I really love her voice and the music that she's been working on, which you can listen to on her site! I'm really excited to see what else she comes up with and hope it's really SOON (just not Carrie Underwood's definition of soon, because it's usually not as soon as you hope). Liz is one of the SWEETEST and most genuine people I've ever met, and she just has this beautiful spirit and way of lighting up a room! I can't wait to see where she goes in all of this. 

Kacey Musgraves:
I heard this song on the radio awhile back called, "Merry Go Round," and anytime I hear someone new on the radio, I always think "Who the heck is this?! Like we need any new artists...blah, blah,blah." Well, I saw her name on the screen of our car and kept listening to the song! I really liked it and thought it was catchy, and she has grown on me ever since! I love that she has a different style and brings something new to Country music that we haven't necessarily heard before in her writing and the melodies that she creates. You can check out her website or YouTube if you want to hear more from her or find out who she is! 

Parachute:
I had heard of this group before, but never really knew or listened to any of their songs, until the other day when I saw someone post a picture of one of their albums. I was in the need for some new tunes in my ears, and decided to look them up on Spotify, and I really like them! They're like the perfect soundtrack for being outside and riding your bike, just loving life. I'm definitely going to keep listening to their CD's. Check them out! They have some great stuff.

My favorite song right now: 
"Bruises" by Train  featuring Ashley Monroe! I really love how Country music is starting to blend with other genres to some degree, especially where other artists like Train are concerned. I really love the story in the song, as well as the melody...It's catchy and light, yet has a deeper message when you listen to the lyrics. The video is pretty cool too! I LOVE Train; they're one of my favorite bands, so I'm excited to hear them on country radio. I hope to see them live someday. 

Apps: 


I'll just keep this one plain and simple. I'm into video apps, where you can watch the videos that others post, and you can post your own! It's a fun way to share little things in each others' lives, especially if you have friends/family out of state. Keek and Telly are the ones that I'm into most right now, but I'm sure if you do a little researching in the app store, you can find plenty of others.

Model Behavior:
Ah, the movie where Justin Timberlake made his big movie debut. Though, I'm sure he's a little ashamed to admit that now that he's this huge movie star and he's REALLY talented. But, let me just say, I still love this movie. It came out in the 90s, so what do you expect with the cheesy clothes, lines, and music? That's what made it so awesome! It's funny how I can still remember the night it first premiered, and being SO excited to see Justin on TV, because I thought I was going to marry him someday. Times do change ;) Anyway, I was sick in bed today, so I thought I'd watch it again...and it was still just as good. No surprise there! Disney just doesn't make them like this anymore.

That's all for now,
Shelby



No comments:

Post a Comment