January 30, 2013

The TV Round-Up

Normally, I don't blog about a specific TV show episode unless it's really just THAT good or it's a finale of sorts, but this week there were so many good episodes, that I have to comment on all of them. Because I was sick, I was able to really pay attention to new TV shows and some of my favorites with an earnest eye. Here are my favorite episodes from the past couple weeks; some are even just summaries. Let's get started!

**Also, none of these photos belong to me**

Bunheads:
Every week, this show continues to grow on me. The more they get into it, it reminds me of my beloved Gilmore Girls. I love how whatever Amy Sherman does, she brings all of her sparkle and quirkiness to the characters. She creates this entire world around a certain group of people, and you can't remember what your life was like before they entered your world. I still haven't totally mastered all of their names yet, but I'm getting there! LOL. And the scene between these two last week was just SO Lorelai and Rory! It totally got to me.

Kourtney and Kim Take Miami:
I don't usually watch the spin off shows during the off seasons every week, but this time, I decided I would give it a shot. I have to say I'm really feeling for Scott. Once again, no matter what he does, it just seems like he's never good enough for Kourtney and what she thinks he should be doing. And Kim is proving to be her usual Kim self. The comments about Kourtney being a "slob" after having a baby, and all of this foreshadowing of her having a family someday just has me really excited to see what she's like as a mom, after she has given Kourtney such a hard time about it.

The Office:

Over the past eight seasons of The Office, we have become so attached to Jim and Pam as if we are involved in their relationship...Which would make things extremely awkward if you think about it, but you get what I'm saying. Anyway, we've seen every moment from before there even was a "Jim and Pam"; We've seen them get married, the birth of their kids, and all the sweet moments in between. However, nothing could have prepared us for the fight between our favorite couple last week. I think it is probably one of the best moments that has ever been done on the show, as much as it hurt to watch. I was almost sobbing because of how real it was. It started off as something so lame that Jim was just frustrated about and pretty soon it blew up into a huge fight about why he's so far away, working at the new company him and some buddies were starting. John and Jenna were so fantastic! I still can't get over it. Such a great episode for other reasons, but I'm just going to let this scene speak for itself.

The Vampire Diaries:
Well, I watched The Vampire Diaries right after The Office, which I was still in awe from, and wasn't paying much attention. I tried watching it again the next day, and I just couldn't get into some of the scenes at all. I'm not a big fan of the story line with Bonnie/Shane at all. I like Bonnie just fine, but this new story just feels like a sort of waste of time with her. Maybe that's just me. As for Stefan, I'm really over him and the holier than thou attitude. I get that he's hurt and he loved Elena SO much, and that was why I liked him so much and rooted for him. But, now, because she's choosing Damon over him, he's acting like a baby, let's be honest. Damon, being the "bad" brother, has even been stepping back when he needs to, and letting Elena choose what she wants, even when it means that he doesn't get what he wants. Stefan just wants to be right and win the prize! Paul Wesley is incredible with Stefan, but Stefan's motives with his character are just making me shake my head most of the time and scream at the TV. However, I think he had some great lines this week, like, “You don’t know what I look like when I’m not in love with you." OUCH! He has a point there....And I did LOVE the moment when Elena said she loved Damon, and didn't think it had anything to do with the sire bond. I was disappointed that we didn't get a meet up scene this last week after Damon gave her the okay, but maybe something will come of that this week. I guess we shall stay tuned, but it sounds like it's just the beginning of all the craziness.
Here's a great article from Zap2It with Carina Mackenzie and Ian Somerhalder talking about Damon and where he's coming from. If you're a fan, give it a look! 

Pretty Little Liars:
I go through phases with Pretty Little Liars, because I feel like sometimes it's just the same old thing, and not much is developing. But, the past couple weeks have left me on the edge of my seat, for sure! Last week, Spencer found out Toby was A! GASP! And what I loved about the scene when she lets him know, is the fact that she knew ahead of time. I didn't want her to fall apart in front of him, like he'd had the upper hand the entire time. I was glad that she was able to hold it together and state the facts, then break down to her mom. Troian Bellisario has really been showing just what she's capable of in some pretty tough scenes to watch. You can feel the anger and heart break she's going through, and it makes for a great scene. This week, Spencer was pretty feisty; yelling at Fitz, then sneaking around and not telling the girls what had happened. Which just goes to show you...Trust NO ONE.
And who can forget the scenes between Aria and Ezra last night?! They've been my favorites from the beginning! In fact, they're the reason I started watching...Since then, I haven't been quite as involved in their relationship, but I don't want them to break up. Seeing the way Fitz was acting a little sketchy at the sight of Aria, even after forgiving her for the way he found out about his son, makes me wonder what he's hiding or what we're going to find out about him/his past in the weeks to come. Just when you start to think you have everything figured out, or at least some of it, Marlene King changes everything up. THAT'S TALENT!

Other shows I'm watching:
*American Idol
*The Carrie Diaries

(More to come on those a bit later)

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment