January 2, 2013

New Year's Eve

I've always loved New Year's Eve; getting dressed up with sparkles or something a little out of the ordinary and usually going out to dinner with family friends and watching movies at one of our houses. It's always a fun way to say goodbye to the past year of all the exciting things that happened, and welcome in a new year of all the unknown that is to come.

I wanted to make the most of my day, since it was the last one in 2012, so I set my alarm. But, of course, I ignored it when it actually came time to wake up. I knew I needed to get some things done, so I eventually got out of bed around 11, I think it was, did my devotion, then got to work on my end of the year videos. Quite some time passed, and I had to run to the store with my mom, so I got ready and headed out with her. I was feeling pretty optimistic about the day and I felt really good, but it quickly went downhill.






Well, let's just say that Wal-Mart brings out the worst in me and that I tend to have meltdowns there just about every time we go, depending on what we're going for. This was one of those times and it was not pretty. I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to recoup and get myself together; to stop having a pity party and making myself miserable for whatever reason.

I helped my mom in the kitchen a bit, making some chocolate covered pretzels and cookies for that night, which was fun. Something light and fun, which was just what I needed after my little crazy rant. It's like I've bottled up some things or haven't been around friends in awhile to get it all out, so it has all just been sitting there, along with me. I watched some TV, finished working on my videos, and when my dad got home, we went to California Pizza Kitchen to meet up with some family friends. There was quite a wait everywhere else, and that didn't have much of a wait, which was good.
Dinner was a lot of fun! We all talked about our Christmases and how things were going, etc. My mom and I even tried a new dish. I figured it was really the last crazy and daring thing I could do, so might as well give it a shot. It was an interesting dish, but I turned out to like it.


We ran to Wal-Mart to pick up a few last minute snacks, then went back to our house. Mandy and I took a bunch of crazy pictures, opened our Christmas presents from one another, then hung out with our parents in the living room. I remember the days when we were younger, and on New Year's Eve, we'd spend hours coming up with some dance routine or other crazy nonsense, then I'd end up falling asleep before midnight. Now, midnight is nothing compared to how late I'm usually up. It's crazy how times change like that.
We watched Dick Clark's Rockin New Year's Eve; strange being his first year gone :( It was great as always, especially since my girl, Taylor Swift was on it. We laughed, we asked Siri a bunch of random questions on my iphone and ate a lot too. I wasn't that hungry, but I kept going back for the snacks. You only live once, right? Who cares.
My new hat! LOVE. 



hahahaha I don't even know....




Our family friends stayed until about 1 or so, then we all called it a night. I was still wide awake, as usual, so I spent most of the night watching The Office. I can't think of a more perfect way to spend the New Year...LOL. You know, I keep waiting for that one special New Year's Eve when everything is different and magical like you see in the movies, but it never is. I guess I'll keep waiting...Until then, I'm just going to enjoy those precious moments with good friends and my awesome family, because they're always there for me.





That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment