January 8, 2013

I think my favorite part about getting hooked to a television show is the relationships that you not only form with the characters yourself, but also the relationships that you see develop over the years of the cast/characters. With The Office coming to a close, the cast has been very reminiscent of their days on the show and how much they love. The quotes I've seen that have brought tears to my eyes the most have been from John and Jenna, obviously, given that they're my favorite characters on the show.

There's nothing worse to me than finding out that some of your favorite fictional couples or friends don't really like each other all that much in real life or follow each other on Twitter after the show ends, because they no longer work together or feel obligated to. I get that it's all "make-believe" and "pretend", but still...A part of you always hopes that there's some of that TV magic in real life going on. There's also nothing worse than finding out that they think they're too cool once the show that made them famous ends. It's like they no longer want to be reminded that they were part of that series, so no one mentions it when they're a big movie star, walking all the red carpets at events a few years down the road. A part of me is just really disappointed in who they are as people when that happens. I'm sorry, but it's true.
What I really love about The Office is that no matter where the cast has gone and moved on to over the years (BJ Novak, Steve Carell, Mindy Kaling, etc) they've still remained close with those that helped them get to where they are today. They're very grateful for their experiences and still mention The Office from time to time on Twitter. It just warms my heart. Maybe it's because it reminds me of high school and how you see certain friendships that you root for, and when you find out they are no longer as close, it reminds you that life happens. Or the fact that there are some friendships still just as strong as ever, and you know that the true friendships will always last, no matter what the struggle or battle.

But, back to business...Look at these quotes. Aren't they beautiful?!:

"I get so emotional to think that we’re ending the show. But I’m unbelievably proud to be a part of one that actually gets to end. Instead of being asked to leave, I actually get a shot at bringing the whole story and all the characters to a close." - John Krasinski

"I never want it to end, ever! I could do it for 30 years. I just love the people that I work with so much. The last nine years of my life have had so much stability that I didn’t have before. We decided to wrap it up now because we wanted to do it while we still have mostly everyone. We didn’t want to have everyone slowly leave throughout the years. We wanted to go out with a bang. So everyone signed on for this last season and we’re going to be able to do that." -Jenna Fischer

"John and I will always have a very special bond because we have played an on-screen couple for so many years. I don’t know if I’ll ever be closer to a co-star than I am with him in terms of that bond of having acted together so intimately for so long and sharing a story like theirs. I know that it will be the most unique acting partner experiences that I’ll have with someone." -Jenna Fischer
How are they not together in real life?! Just sayin....

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment