January 11, 2013

Birthday Challenge #5

Yesterday, I woke up and went out to the living room for some coffee and whatever else I usually do in the morning. I had decided I was going to tackle some reading and just have a lounging around day, but my mom and I ended up going shopping. It turned out to be a lot of fun!

We had lunch at Chic-Fil-A, which was really delicious, as always! Their sweet tea just really makes my day and I hadn't eaten breakfast, so their spicy chicken sandwich hit the spot.

After we were finished eating, we headed to the mall so my mom could look for a shirt to wear in Vegas. Lately, I've just had to be in the "shopping mood", which hasn't struck very often, but I still love buying stuff...So, it's quite a predicament really. It actually wasn't too painful, though. She found a blouse to wear pretty quickly (after several stores about halfway through the mall), and I found some jewelry at Forever 21 to go with my outfit for Vegas, which was pretty thrilling. We even went to Target (which we have at the mall) and I was able to find Mindy Kaling's book, which I was SUPER excited about finding, because I've been wanting to read it forever. By that time, I was slowly starting to crash, so after one more stop at Forever 21, we headed home.

My mom and I watched the red carpet for the People's Choice Awards and a Live! Q&A that we could've attended in LA for American Idol. After watching it, we were kicking ourselves for not going...I mean...American Idol and Keith Urban. What could be better?! Not a whole lot. I have more to say about the Idol event, but I think I'll save it for a separate post. By the time all of that finished, my dad was home and my mom fixed dinner. We just hung out for awhile, then watched the PCA's, which I was really looking forward to, even though I already knew who had won most of them by the time they started on the west coast.

It was a really great day! I was out of the house and gave me a chance to hang out with my mom :)








That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment