December 30, 2012

Top Ten Moments Of 2012 (Part Two)

Well, I'm back again to give my top five favorite moments of this 2012 year. Alright, so they're not really in any particular order, but here we go anyway.

#5) The adventures I had with the girls from church were incredible and unlike anything else I've ever done. I feel like they did the most in helping bring me out of my shell more and helping me try new things that I might not usually do, especially when it came to being more spontaneous. We did so many things and I don't think I've ever had that much fun in my life, whether it was stargazing out in the middle of nowhere (where it looked like they filmed "The Hills Have Eyes") and some random trucker pulls up pretty close to our car and we all start running, a random trip to Santa Monica to watch the sunset and have a picnic, spending the night in the mountains, or doing church related activities such as Catalyst in Orange County. I had the time of my life with them and am so thankful that they've been there to help me on this journey as I've gotten more serious about my relationship/walk with Christ this year.

#4) I've said it a lot in my highlights, but it truly did make a HUGE impact on how most of this year went for me, and that was how involved with church I got, as well as diving into God's word. It has always been hard for me to get involved at church, and I'm not sure why that is, but as I got older, little by little I started doing things here and there. This year, it was like I always wanted to be there and help out with whatever I could just to be around the people, because I had started making so many connections and friendships around there.


#3) My baptism. I think this one sort of speaks for itself. It was a really significant moment in my life, where I left the past behind me and is a reminder of God's grace and goodness. When I fall, I know that He forgives me and that I've become new because of that moment, so I need to live like it. It was also really special to me that all of my close friends from church were SO excited for me and were so encouraging that they all came there to support me that morning.

#2) This moment was more recent and that was meeting The Jonas Brothers back in November. I've been waiting for I don't know how long for that perfect moment with them and it finally came around. After getting closer to meeting Nick a couple times this year (meeting Joe back in January and seeing Nick at a Dodger game, but having to leave early), I was able to get my picture with him!! I would've loved to have had more time to talk with them, but it was still a really cool, once in a lifetime experience that I'll always remember. It was like I was 15 again, singing along to every word and screaming my head off. Plus, I made a friend and met some other really cool people there as well. One of the best shows I've ever been to!

#1) Visiting Tree Hill, NC (along with South Carolina) was definitely another incredible trip that I will never forget. After One Tree Hill became such a big part of my life this year, this was just the icing on the cake. My parents are such troopers to go with me to all of these places and to try to get into the things I like because they know how much they mean to me, whether it's a concert or something like this. They'll never know how much that means to me, especially as I get older, when it's no longer really "required" that they do any of this. It was such a special time with the family, as well as trying out a few new things back there and just enjoying the beach. I so should've been born in the south, that's all I have to say.

What a wonderful year! Thank you to everyone who has made it so special, whether we talk all the time or you just read my blog. It all means so so much to me that you've taken the time to care :)

I hope you've all had a fabulous 2012! What were some of your favorite moments? Share in the comments below or on Twitter!

~Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment