November 19, 2012

This Is Me


Every once in awhile, I've decided to do a random facts about me or getting to know me segment, in case I've gained new followers or readers. So, here it goes.


Hi, I'm Shelby. I'm 20. A Christ follower; living my life for Jesus and letting Him take the wheel when it comes to my plans. I'm still so far from where I'd like to be in my walk with God, but I'm better than I used to be. I'm an only child, who has been really spoiled, and now I am willing to admit that. All of those things you've read about only children are probably true with me, and I'm not trying to paint that in a good or bad way, I'm just being honest here. I have big goals and dreams, and I plan on changing the world someday. I will leave my footprint on the earth, letting people know I was here and that my life mattered. If I had to compare myself to a fictional character, it would be Rory Gilmore of Gilmore Girls. I don't think there will ever be anyone else like that where I will relate in so many ways. I talk about this a lot because that's how connected we are, she's like my TV soul sister.

I am a daydreamer by nature; I always think about what life could be, rather than always just taking things for what they are. I guess, that's probably why I decided to become a writer, because I can create my own characters and in a way it's like everything I want to happen in my head, comes alive on paper. I have a really hard time focusing because of that. I'm usually in Santa Monica, Nashville or South Carolina...So, I tend to miss out on things I should be paying attention to. I've gotten much better about it. Reality is far more interesting that daydreams anyway.

Music is my life. From the time I was at least five years old, even just a simple song on the radio, has always been able to touch me in some unexplainable way. There is always a song or lyric that helps me process whatever I'm dealing with. Whether it has been a death in the family, losing a friend, feeling completely alone, being excited and loving life, or just trying to figure out where my life is going. It's my passion. Like Taylor Swift says, its been there for me when people haven't always been. I don't know how I would deal with things if music didn't exist. It's always part of the "healing process" for me.

I compare practically everything in my life back to a reference made on a TV show or a line from my favorite song. Sometimes I'm even so obsessed with a fictional couple that I make playlists for them in my itunes, but I'm sure I'm not the only one right? I love being part of fandom families; I have made so many friends because of shows and artists. I am a major pop culture junkie. I was a fan girl before there was ever a term for it, and I am going to school with the intentions of being an entertainment journalist. I want to work for E! News someday, or do fun segments for The Today Show or possibly even work for a magazine. My friends have always come to me when they're curious about anything involving Hollywood. And that's always a proud moment for me. Everyone needs a catch phrase, like "Seacrest out," or "Be kind to one another." I need something like that, but so far I'm lacking in those skills. Anyone have some clever ideas?

I have a creative soul, and I am fascinated by all processes involving those endeavors, whether it's painting, fashion, writing, baking, filming, taking pictures, or playing music. Sometimes I'm a little indecisive in that department, because I want to try it all. I would love to sing, act, direct, write, mess around with graphic design, have my own TV show and whatever else is out there. In the meantime, I make my own videos, sing, write, collaborate with friends, blog, and try to let my creative juices flow whenever I possibly can. I'm inspired by just about everything around me; people, nature, couples, love, family, and friends. The world really is a beautiful place when we stop to admire it, and take the time to appreciate what God has done and is doing.

I'm happiest and I truly feel I'm at my best when I'm in the company of friends and family. In the presence of loved ones, is where I feel most beautiful. They've seen me at my worst, but continue to put up with me regardless, and I love them for that. I'm really big on gatherings and festive get togethers because it gives me warm and fuzzy feelings, and makes me realize what's truly important in life. I get so caught up in my own head, and all these tiny details that don't matter. It's refreshing to unwind with them every once in awhile. I love watching shows with big families or close groups of people to make up for it when I can't be with my favorite people, like Friends or Full House. It makes me feel like I'm with my family, even when we're miles and miles apart.

My idea of a perfect day would be to curl up in bed, while it's raining outside with a cup of hot tea. There would be a marathon of chick flicks or a great day to catch up on one of my favorite shows. I would do a little writing, daydreaming, and listening to music.

I absolutely love coffee; it helps me through most days. I'm obsessed with school supplies, but could do without the school part. I like anything old fashioned and vintage looking, because of the story it tells. If I ever get a tattoo, I would get a cross like Demi Lovato's on my wrist. I really want a dog; he will be a border collie, and I will name him Luke (after Luke Danes and Lucas Scott). I practically collect magazines. I own way too many sweatshirts and purses. I don't care to shop for shoes, yet I have a TON of them. I really think I should have been born in the south; I'm a southern girl at heart. There's nowhere else like it. I could easily be a vegetarian; I'm not that crazy about meat most of the time, except for chicken and a burger every once in awhile. The top three on my list of people to meet would be Ian Somerhalder, Sophia Bush, and Katy Perry-In that particular order. And if I could spend the holidays with any celebrities, I would choose the Osmonds, Taylor Swift, and Zooey Deschanel; they're all extremely cheerful and festive people, and they would really get the party started with some tunes, baking or putting on a show for everyone, which would be quite enjoyable. No one gets quite as festive as those guys.

I admire so many people that use their platform of acting or singing for the good of others, and just for their extreme talent. They are the people that are positive and want to believe in the best of the world and others. They practice what they preach, and they believe in it wholeheartedly. They are world changers, thought shakers, and dream makers. I might not agree with everything they do, but I believe that they have good hearts, and that still counts for something. These are people that really exude a positive lifestyle and live with a purpose. They use their talents for a bigger purpose, and I really love that. These are my biggest inspirations and people I really look up to:
    •    Carrie Underwood
    •    Taylor Swift
    •    Ian Somerhalder/Nina Dobrev
    •    Sophia Bush
    •    Bethany Joy Lenz
    •    Nick Jonas
    •    Colton Dixon
    •    Austin Nichols
    •    Giuliana Rancic

I want to find my soul mate and best friend. I've never had a reason to believe in a "true love" but I hope to find someone who will change that for me. I've only ever had one real boyfriend, and I've never been kissed. I feel so Drew Barrymore saying that, but it's true. That's why I'm a little more invested in fictional relationships, because at least those have a better shot at working out most of the time. I am a hopeless romantic, and want to believe that I'll find that one person that changes my entire world. Makes me a better person. Accepts me for who I am, but brings out the best in me. I want to settle down and have a family, and do all the "mom-like" things, helping out at school, and getting involved in the classrooms. I'll leave the homework to dad. As I get older, I see that I really want those things in life.

I'm just me. I used to think that I had to have everything all figured out and know exactly what was coming next. But, I'm starting to realize that maybe that's part of the fun; figuring it out one day at a time, and I guess that's really all you can do. Otherwise you miss out on most of your life, because you're too busy worrying about worrying. It's a lot more fun to take life as it comes.



That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment