November 3, 2012

Happy Halloween!


This was quite the interesting Halloween! When I was little, I could always tell something different was in the air, the day of a holiday. As I get older, though, it's getting harder and harder to differentiate what makes that day any more special than the last. I remember all the little classroom parties, harvest festivals or even trick or treating around my neighborhood with my parents. Those were some really carefree, wonderful times that I'll always cherish. I was reminiscing on some of those things early in the morning before really starting the day.

Me as Belle (Beauty and the Beast). This was one of my earliest Halloween memories.


I woke up, had breakfast (bagel with pumpkin cream cheese) and watched The Today Show as they talked about Halloween party ideas and other festive activities to do for the occasion. The Rachel Ray show was just the same, but with better guests like James Van Der Beek. I also decorated some pumpkins that were just sitting around, not getting any use, which was fun. I painted my nails, and also looked for the perfect Halloween attire, since I wasn't getting dressed up to go anywhere. 






It was a nice of afternoon of not doing much. I downloaded some Halloween apps, and was keeping myself entertained with those, while trying to find holiday themed movies that were on. I had started watching The Adams Family movie, but they were just a little too much for me, so I turned it to something happier, yet still festive. I also got my new Taylor Swift "Red" Keds in the mail, so that was super EXCITING! If it had been another holiday, I would've worn them right then, but they weren't the right colors.







A little later on, I met up with my best friend, Marissa at the movie theater to see The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. I have heard nothing but great things for this movie, so I was really excited to see it. It was also so good to see Marissa and catch up with her. We talked for quite awhile inside the theater before it started, which was cool. She always has a lot of stories to inform me of, which I enjoy!

Finally, the movie started. Let's just say, it was a little different than what I was anticipating from the previews and everything I'd heard...but wow! What a screenplay! Honestly, it needs to win "best" something at an award show coming up, because it was really eye opening. It wasn't quite as feel good as I thought it would be, but I think they did an excellent job at portraying all of it. I can't say too much without giving it all away, but there was some really terrific acting from Logan Lerman and Emma Watson in it. There were so many gripping moments and one liners. I'd definitely watch it again, and I think it would actually be easier.

When the movie finished, both Marissa and I were just in shock. It was one of those movies that had you thinking and just really "Whoa"-d out the rest of the night. We were both still a little distraught as we had dinner at Chic-Fil-A. Yes, that is my third time this week, and I didn't even mind. What can I say? I love their food and sweet tea. Marissa and I ate, and continued gabbing about our lives. We always tend to go to Chic-Fil-A when we have lunch, and I honestly think those are some of our best conversations. Never a dull moment, that's for sure! We finished eating, then came back to my house for a little while. 

My house was covered in trick-or-treaters when we showed up, which reminded me that it was Halloween. I was able to pass out candy to an adorable little bumble bee, who was so excited about her candy, and we headed inside. Marissa wasn't planning on staying long, but once again, we got wrapped in conversation in my room. We talked about our families and all kinds of other "girl" things. A couple hours later, she decided to head home, and I finished watching some of The X Factor with my mom. Around midnight, we called it a night, because we had to wake up pretty early the next morning.

I had to finish a creative writing assignment, so I was up until 2 a.m., but I think the beginning of my story turned okay for me feeling like I was about to fall asleep. All in all, it was a very good Halloween, even though it didn't even feel like it was Halloween. Maybe to some degree that's better? We'll go with that.

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment