October 6, 2012

The Weekly Review

What a crazy week it has been! Here are the top moments:
  • So, as soon as we got home from South Carolina, we had scheduled an appointment to get new flooring. Basically all week, my mom and I were stuck in either my room or my parents' room, trying to avoid all of the chaos, as they dug up the floor. It gave me a chance to catch up on some shows (like The Vampire Diaries) and get a teeny bit of homework done. Not much, though. 
  • I also started car pooling with my friend, Michele, to school. That has been great getting to know her better, and talk about our faith and what God is doing in our lives, as well as talking about possibly starting a prayer group on our college campus. 
  • My creative writing class has been doing critiques, so that always leads to some interesting discussions. Let's just say there are a lot of DEEP writers in our class. Mine is probably way too fluffy for them. 
  • I was accepted into the Phi Theta Kappa honor society at my school. I'm not totally sure I'm going to join yet, but just knowing that I was accepted into it was pretty awesome. I never thought I'd get into high ranks like that. 
  • I have to say one of the biggest surprises that came to me was an e-mail saying that I had been selected for a meet and greet with Carrie Underwood when she comes to town in a couple weeks, and I could not be more thrilled. She is one of my favorite people on the entire planet. I love that she uses her platform of fame to proclaim Christ's name, and sings about Him in her songs. She just continues to blow me away, and I am SO excited to see the show...(and hopefully she remembers me again ;)).
  • Obviously, the Women's conference was a HUGE highlight of my week. So much, in fact, that I decided I'd do separate posts for that. 
  • I also really enjoy Fridays for the fact that I can spend time with my mom, even if it is to usually run errands that I don't want to. It usually means a good lunch is in store, and this time it was Panera. YUM!
  • I also decided to break out my guitar a little more. With all the empty space, it sounded great acoustically and I wanted to take advantage of it. I tried to learn Carrie Underwood's song "Blown Away" and Taylor's "Begin Again", but some were tricky since I can't find my capo. Sad day! 














I found this picture of Carrie Underwood from CMA Fest week that my parents and I are in. Can you spot us?






It has been a busy week, but I feel like a lot of growth and turning points have been happening in my life. I'm beginning to get excited about life again, rather than feeling like it's all just the same routine every day. Life should be an adventure. Sure, there is a lot of garbage that we are going to face on a daily basis, and annoying things that we're going to have to do. But, if we tackle them head on, nothing can hold us back. 

Hope you have a great weekend!
~Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment