September 21, 2012

The Weekly Review

Phew! This actually has been a pretty busy week, getting last minute details together for our trip, and making sure I have all of my classes taken care of before we leave. Luckily, I won't be missing anything, and have already done what I need to. From here, it's all about relaxation. But, here's what the rest of the week looked like! :)

Monday:
I spent the day working on homework and that night, I got my hair cut! One of my good family/church friends cuts my hair, so it was great catching up with him. Then, it was time to re-live one of the best weeks of the year, CMA Fest. Although, somehow it's not quite as exciting as being in Nashville. I ended up fast forwarding through most of the acts. It was a really good special, and definitely highlights all of the reasons you should go.
Entered a contest to win a trip to the premiere. Sadly, didn't win!  :/ I wanted to meet Justin Timberlake!!!!! 
One of the newest judges of American Idol! I love him! He will be a fantastic judge. 
Packing! 
BUY THIS SONG WHEN IT COMES OUT...I KNOW I WILL BE!!! :)
Tuesday:
I went to my creative writing class, had lunch at home, then ran a bunch of errands with my mom. We recycled some cans and bottles, went to the bank, and got the car washed/oil change done. That was an interesting time, waiting at the car dealership. My mom and I walked around the lot, while I attempted to eat melty peanut butter cups, that got chocolate everywhere. It was funny, though. We came home, and got some stuff ready for the trip, and I did more homework. I didn't realize I had quite SO much. 

After my dad got home that night and we ate dinner, we decided to drive by the fairgrounds, since the fair is in town! We've had this tradition since I was really young, that we'd drive by the fair the night before it opened. There's something really exciting and magical about the fair, though I don't care if we go to ours much anymore. Maybe it's the idea of carnivals, like in a Nicholas Sparks book that I prefer. The dust kills my allergies every year. I am a little sad that we won't be able to make it this year, but South Carolina will definitely make up for that!
New hair cut 
I want this magazine!!!!
Reminded me of my best friend...she loves eyeshadow and superheroes! Perfect combo! 

"God put us here, on this carnival ride, we close our eyes, never knowing where it will take us next..."

Wednesday:

I devoted the entire day to homework, when I finally woke up at 11 or so, I believe it was. I also went biker riding, so I didn't go crazy!
My mom's so good to me. She made me coffee. 
This math sucks. 
Downloading podcasts for the plane! yay! 

Thursday:
Yesterday, I woke up much later than I usually do, but still had plenty of time to get ready. I went to my creative writing class, which was fine, because all we did was critiques on writing pieces from the students hadn't gone yet. It also had me brainstorming for what I should submit as my next work. I want to keep it simple, so there isn't much to say, but I am a tad curious to see what they think of my fiction or non-fiction. Decisions, decisions...
When my mom and I got back into town, we went straight to Target to pick up a few things. I got some makeup, then we grabbed lunch at Chipotle, and came home.
Last night, my parents were moving furniture around, while I tried to do some math, then we sat down to watch an episode of One Tree Hill. It was fun!
So frustrating. 
Paul Wesley on Jay Leno...Loved his interview!!
Countdown...1 day....
Friday:
I slept in a little, but wanted to get the day started, because I knew I had some stuff to take care of. I did my devotion, reading a little out of Psalms, and trying to feel rest. I've found that it's getting harder to let myself be happy again. I feel anxious, and I don't like the way that feels. I've been there before one too many times, and it's no fun. I had no idea how hard changing your mind set could really be. Anyway, I felt good after that...and spent a little time talking with my mom, watching The Today Show, and just hanging out. My aunt called, and we made plans for lunch with her. So, it was time to get ready. Which I did, while watching Beverly Hills 90210. I've tried watching before, but end up just making fun of the cheesiness...but, when I heard Dan Scott's voice, I was intrigued...It wasn't as bad as I thought.


My aunt got to our house, and off we went to lunch. After much driving around, and trying to decide where to eat, where we ended up going to Chic-Fil-A. My aunt and mom stayed in line, when I walked outside to grab a seat. It wasn't too bad out today, so I thought it'd be nice. As I opened the door, I went to step to my left and almost stepped on a rat...It was either that, or a big mouse. Either way, it really freaked me out. I just stood there, frozen, screaming my head out on the inside. The other ladies around me said they had already notified someone that it was there. It weirded me out a lot, not gonna lie. I ended up just taking a seat somewhere else, a little more in the sun, but I didn't mind. Finally, someone came out to take care of the little guy, and we carried on about our days. I then informed my mom and aunt of the story when they sat down. We ate lunch, talking about random things, then went over to CVS pharmacy so my aunt could pick up some things. We made one more stop at Wal-Mart for a few minutes, then headed home.

We were talking about Justin Bieber, Jennifer Aniston, and the like...What else is new? And things got interesting, when my mom brought up the video I had made for Ellen. My aunt was determined to find it on YouTube, because I didn't want to tell her anything about it. It was too weird! Haha. I barely wanted to do it for the group I made on Facebook, but they're hardcore Taylor fans and "tweeters", so I thought they could help me campaign. She thought it was cute, which made me feel less embarrassed about the whole thing, LOL. Then, we watched a couple episodes of Friends before she had to take off. It was a fun afternoon.

I just finished painting my nails, and the rest of the night will be packing, watching The Vampire Diaries, and getting pumped up for tomorrow! WOO! :)

TVD while I ride on the exercise bike!! What a workout...


Have a fantastic weekend all!
Shelby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment