September 14, 2012

The Weekly Review

Wow! What a week it has been. It has been filled with a lot of homework, getting things ready for South Carolina, hanging out with one of my best friends, errands, still trying to survive this California heat and just taking it all day by day. This was my week:

Monday:
I tried to get things together, in order to get some school assignments out of the way. I was pretty lazy and didn't do much other than that...But, I was really excited for the new fall season of The Ellen Show and Dr. Phil. Yup, that's what I'm doing with my life. Nothing else to report.

Tuesday:
I had my very first critique for the creative writing class I'm taking, and I was extremely nervous, not gonna lie! But, it ended up going really smoothly. We didn't have to go up to the front of the classroom, we just stayed at the desks, behind the computers and talked about it from there. Apparently my poem was the only one without errors, and we're talking out of several people that have been in our professor's class and have had other writing gigs before. I was really happy about that! Plus, a lot of people really liked my poem...so it's making me not feel quite as nervous about the next one, or putting my work out there in general. Not everyone is always going to love everything you do...And it's a tough thing to wrap your mind around, but once you accept it, you can just be yourself and do what makes you happy.

I got my Keith Scott Auto Body shop sweatshirt in the mail, directly from Tree Hill (Wilmington)...SO EXCITED TO WEAR IT IN A WEEK!


It's true! 
That afternoon, one of my best friends came over and we took crazy pictures of ourselves. It was one of the best days I've had in awhile of just being at home. We caught each other up on all the drama and juicy details of things in our lives, continued to laugh at the pictures we took later on, watched Friends, ate dinner with my parents, and ate some ice cream while watching more Friends. Life really doesn't get much better than those simple moments like that! Marissa and I also agreed to start getting together at least once a week, since her schedule isn't quite as hectic as last semester, so we're both free to do it. October 2nd looks like it will be our first official date.


Wednesday: The day was spent doing homework, basically all day. Then, I helped out with getting some details together for the women's conference at church. From the sounds of it...It's going to be amazing!! I need to get my ticket this weekend. I helped out with some craft decorations for a little while, then headed home. It was great being part of the team if only for a little while. There are so many wonderful ladies at our church, and I love getting to know them. They are all such incredible women of God, and are so creative. I'm inspired just being around them.




Watching the Ustream with Colton Dixon and his friends-premiering his very first single, "YOU ARE"

Thursday: I went to school in the morning (only having one class isn't bad), and the rest of the afternoon was spent brainstorming and finishing up homework. I ran a couple errands with my mom to pick up a new skirt, exchange something at Radio Shack, and we had lunch at Panda Express. I didn't feel too great when we got home, so I tried to relax. We made marshmallow rice krispy treats, then watched Nights in Rodanthe. I put in A Walk To Remember after that, but the disc kept skipping and wouldn't play. I guess I've watched it too many times. :/ SAD! A little while later, I skyped with my friend Rebecca, where we bounced ideas off of one another about our rotating novel concept, and she was trying to come up with ideas for a project at school. It was a lot of fun! I felt more creative just by talking it out.
Maybe I really will meet the love of my life in South Carolina?? 

Carrie's tour! It's going to be EPIC! Hope you've got your tickets :)
Friday: I got to sleep in today which was great! My haircut appointment was canceled, so I really felt like being lazy, but there were some errands to be run. We went to the bank, ran to Target (where I looked at the Halloween section and had a little too much fun. In a bit I'll explain why), and went downtown to have lunch. We had planned on trying out this new noodle restaurant, but we found out it was more Chinese food, so we ended up going to a sandwich place, Sub Station, because we were familiar with it. It was alright, but a little expensive. Downtown is so cool to me! I can't wait until the cooler months to go exploring down there in the antique shops and all those things. So many neat places to check out. We got the car washed, then headed home! I spent the afternoon working on a little project in hopes of seeing Taylor Swift at The Ellen Degeneres show in October, when she releases her next album! If any of you can help me out by spreading the word to Ellen on Twitter or through her website, I would love you FOREVER! :D


Here's the link to my video! PLEASE check it out. It's embarrassing, I know. But, desperate times call for desperate measures. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wy10D-X5iU&feature=plcp

That's all for now,
Shelby

Hope you had a great week and that you have an even more fabulous weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment