August 12, 2012

The Weekly Review



Oh, what a week! For the most part I was at home, just hanging out and doing whatever around the house, trying to stay cool from the heat, but there were also quite a few eventful things that kept me pretty occupied.
  • Made an Idol collage of the tour pictures/momento's
  • Tried out for American Idol online
  • Jana Kramer Facebook chat party
  • Bike riding
  • A trip to Target because I got paid! 
  • Mom's doctor's appointment, which the results seem to be really good! I appreciate all of the prayers that so many friends and people I barely talk to were showing us. It means so much to me :)
  • All in all it was a good week, and God is good. He continues to show me that daily...and I started getting back into His word this week, which was really comforting with a lot of stuff going on.


Bracelet making with my mom! :)
Love this outfit from Free People!

Idol audition! GULP! 




Finally got everything framed from the concert! 



I want this shirt! Actually, I NEED this shirt!





My new favorite breakfast!!!








Friday:
I went to the doctor with my mom Friday morning. It ended up taking a lot longer than we thought, which started to worry me, because she didn't think it would take much longer than an hour. I sat in the waiting room listening to my iPhone, tweeting, texting, and writing. I think I was down to 15% on my phone when we left...That has to be some sort of record for me. She finally got out, then we had lunch at Chic-Fil-A. The doctor seemed to think things looked fine, but she'll get the final results in 3-5 days and we'll know for sure...but God is so good. He really took care of her, and all the prayers and trusting in Him paid off. He knows what He's doing!
By the time we got home, it was almost 4:00. We just took it easy, then I went out to dinner with one of my best friends, Laurie. She goes to school in Michigan, so we don't get to see each other much, and this summer she studied abroad with a host family in France, so she has been gone almost two months. We finally got a chance to hang out for awhile at Chipotle, then decided to crash our friend Nolan's house, since he lives just up the street. We chilled with him and his family for a bit, watching the Olympics, then decided to get ice cream at The Marketplace, which is an outdoor shopping center, and basically the only thing to do in town. Usually on Friday night's it's packed with 13 year olds who walk around acting like they own the place, but it wasn't too bad this time. We sat outside, talked about some of our summer adventures, and then we dropped Nolan off, so Laurie could bring me home. 
Watching 7th Heaven while I ate breakfast and drank coffee! That's my idea of a perfect morning!

Some thoughts that came to me while in the doctor's office!



Chipotle with one of my best friends!
The gorgeous sunset!
Went to Coldstone with Laurie, Nolan and his little sister! Hadn't seen him in forever, so it was nice to catch up. It was SO hot out, though. 
My Kardashian nail polish...Which automatically makes it cooler than the average polish...HAHAH.




That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment