August 18, 2012

Not Your Typical Friday

Oh, what a past couple of days it has been. Shortly after I got home last night, I started feeling a little on the blah side. Just one of the many joys of being a girl...NOT! I couldn't take anymore medicine, so I thought I'd be fine for the rest of the night, because I started feeling a tad better. After going to bed around 3:30 or so, I woke up again close to 5 with cramps (sorry if this is TMI, normally I don't go in detail. This will probably be the only time that I do). This is not the first time, and it won't be the last, so it is something I've gotten used to. I finally took some medicine, and tried to get my mind off of things by watching whatever was on TV at 5 in the morning. I was in a lot of pain, started throwing up and was miserable for a good couple of hours. Eventually, when the sun was starting to come up, I started feeling a little better. Maybe it was a symbolism thing? I watched a couple episodes of One Tree Hill, then ended up falling asleep. I woke up close to noon, still feeling a little weak, but not wanting to stay cooped up in the house for yet another day. I got ready, then my mom and I went out to run some errands.

First, we went to our cable company to pick up an HDMI chord for our TV, then to the bank and finally to lunch at Panera, because I wanted some soup. I wasn't in the best of moods and was sort of quiet until I finished eating. I think I was just tired and worn out from the earlier festivities. However, my mom is extremely patient with me and understands, so it was still good. When we finished eating,
we walked across the street to Target to pick up a few things. You know it's a weird day when I don't even look at anything other than what we came there for. I usually have to make a trip to the entertainment section, but today, I didn't even mention it. CRAZY! I did want to look down the school aisle for some cute notebooks, but they were nuts. People were lined on both sides...Gotta love the whole back to school thing, right? After a couple minutes, I just decided I was done and we checked out. Our last stop of the day was the car wash. That didn't take too long, and finally we were home.

I was pretty wiped out when we got home, and had hoped to take a nap, but that didn't happen. The rest of the afternoon consisted of watching Growing Pains, doing a bit of writing, trying to read, and looking at a bunch of blogs with ideas for my blog and plans for my 21st birthday. Alright, so it's not until January, but I like to plan ahead. LOL. My mom made us some iced coffee, and I just tried to take it easy for a bit. 
*Iced? Oh well...
Can't wait for "The Great Gatsby" movie to come out!!! :)
I sent this to my friend who is a teacher :)
Encouraging words! 
Finally, my dad got home and we had dinner. Since my dad got the week of my birthday off, I've been brainstorming what I want to do...and we've been talking about Disneyland quite a bit, so I came up with a sort of "Bucket List" and was telling him all about it. After dinner, he told me that we're also going to LAS VEGAS to see TIM MCGRAW AND FAITH HILL... Like, WHAT?! SO EXCITED. 

When we finished dinner and had a few minutes to sit back for awhile, we decided to go for a drive. We stopped by Sonic and got some slushies, then just drove around town. We ended up out by the airport, which was cool! It was pretty packed actually. Driving around town really helps me appreciate it more. It's like you can get a new perspective on it and see things in a way you never did before, when all the chaos takes your mind away from the beauty. There were a lot of great moments on this little excursion, like:
  • My dad saying, "What?!" like Taylor Swift in "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and me proceeding to play it after to make sure we were saying it exactly like it should be. 
  • Listening to music
  • Catching the fireworks show at the local baseball field
  • Watching a big jet fly over us
Now, we're home and I'm getting tired. I just found out that a few episodes of Gossip Girl are on Style Network, so I'll probably watch a bit of that and crash. It has been a long couple of days and I need sleep if I want to be a little more charming than I have been. LOL. 

That's all for now,
Shelby :)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment