August 3, 2012

It's Finally Friday

My mom and I don't usually do much during the week. She doesn't work, and neither do I, so I really look forward to the weekends when we do stuff with my dad and get out more. Anyway, today was a lot of fun! I slept in reallly late, got ready, did a bit of my devotion, watched some One Tree Hill, and off we went. We had to run a few errands first, then I had mentioned a couple antique stores downtown that my friends had gone to yesterday.
I've been wanting to check some out, so we decided to check them out. I found so many neat things! And got some cool ideas for my own stuff that I could redecorate! It reminded me of all the times my grandma would take me to all of these antique stores when I was little, and I wasn't that crazy about them. Don't get me wrong, I always ended up with something, but the smell of antiques and the thought of used stuff sort of weirded me out to some degree. But, now it seems to be the "in" thing, I guess. Go figure. Plus, the older I've gotten, I realized how cool it is to find so many old trinkets that tell a story, that you can put your own twist on.  It was fun pointing out some really cool items and some that were a little interesting...Random days like this are the best!















We had thought about going into checking out some others in the area, but it was SO hot outside and we hadn't eaten lunch. I thought we should do it another day and devote the entire day to that when it was a bit cooler. We decided to have lunch at a local restaurant, Jake's. I had a Taco Salad, and of course, we got their famous Texas sheet cake to go! No trip there is complete without a slice. Then, we went to the car wash and headed home. I decided to go on a bike ride, even though the air quality was probably horrible out, and it was a little overcast and muggy. I just needed to get out of the house! It was still nice to just put my headphones on and ignore everything else for a few minutes...I call it my 'Me time'. I came home to work on a story I've been writing, watched some TV, messed with my iPad a bit, posted some pictures on Instagram and that brings us up to this moment.

The rest of the night will be spent with my parents, probably just watching the Olympics, though I never seem to pay attention. Does that make me a bad American? I really do love this country! :)

That's all for now,
Shelby

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend...BE PRESENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment