July 10, 2012

50 Things About Me

Well, I've been seeing people post random statuses about themselves on Twitter, and instead of annoying everyone with my long tweets, I thought I'd just make a list of 50 things about me right here:


  1. Music is my life. It's more than just a song on the radio or noise to drown out the silence. It's the way I let people know I'm thinking about them, the way I process life, the way I heal, the reminder that I'm not alone, it's my ministry from God at church, and it's my calling in life. I don't know when and I don't know how, but I will be doing it for a profession someday whether it's writing or singing.
  2. I have a thing for country boys. Right now, I'm leaning towards Chris Young...Loves God, deep voice, good hair, beautiful smile, plaid shirt, and country music lover=my kind of guy! ;)
  3. Pretty much daily I tell my family that I wish I had my own show or I come up with some sort of reality show idea. I think my goal in life is to have a better version of Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
  4. I love the outdoors! (bike riding, walking, bbqing, stargazing, etc.) I feel like God speaks to me the most when I'm in the middle of His creation, taking a minute to just stop and listen for His voice.
  5. I'm a southern girl at heart-hence the new blog page. I love sweet tea, sitting on the front porch, country music, wide open spaces, home cooked meals (especially biscuits), being with family, going to church and a lot of values that have continued to be tradition back there today.
  6. I document everything, whether it's a video or a picture, I usually have a camera or phone in my hand to capture the moment: the food I ate, the movie I watched, the people I was hanging out with or the song I was listening to. People pick on me, but I really don't care. 
  7. This year, I'm building a deeper relationship with God and it's the happiest I've ever been. I'm finally beginning to understand his true grace and love and the plans that He has for me. I'm learning to forgive myself of past mistakes and to just keep pushing forward. I'm learning what it means to be free.
  8. I get extremely attached to shows and the characters. They are not fictional to me. Somewhere in this world are Lorelai and Rory Gilmore, the Scott Brothers, Haley, Brooke, Julian, Peyton, and also Ross, Rachel, Monica, Joey, Chandler, and Phoebe. I intend to find them ;) I'm a TV Junkie and will pretty much watch anything at least once, just to try it.
  9. My perfect day would consist of it being cloudy/rainy, even though I don't like to be cold. I would curl up with either a good book or have a movie marathon in front of the fireplace. I'd play my guitar, write and get into my creative zone.
  10. Since I'm an only child, I consider my friends to be my family. I have a close knit group that I know I can call at any time day or night and the second they read it they'll be there for me, pray for me, or just give me an encouraging word. They have done so much for me over the years and recently, and I know my life would be so different if they weren't in it.
  11. In another life, I would totally want to be a fashion designer. I've always loved designing and even just drawing in general, but I don't have the patience or necessarily all the skills to follow through. 
  12. I have my entire future mapped out: Finish school, move to Nashville, land a record deal, tour, sing on the Grand Ole Opry stage, meet a cute cowboy, get married, start a family (I've decided I wouldn't mind having two kids...and this is coming from the girl who didn't want ANY...EVER), and move somewhere far out in the middle of nowhere to build a cute, but spacious yellow house with a wraparound porch, a lot of acres, a barn, horses, chickens, and a border collie. Now, I'd like to compare it to the way God is planning my life...HAHA. It'll be interesting to see how they differ.
  13. Lately, I have had a problem with acid reflux, so I'm trying to start eating healthier, exercising more, and drinking more water....Well, at least that's the plan. I haven't really done much to help it.
  14. I used to be extremely shy, easily embarrassed and just felt awkward in my own skin...but the older I get, I feel so much more relaxed. I'm embracing my strengths and weaknesses, forgetting about my failures, and just learning to go with the flow. I can honestly say I've found a confidence in the Lord this year that I never thought I'd be able to obtain. I'm much more outspoken and LOVE it.
  15. I'm thinking of starting my own Web series somehow. I don't know what exactly I'd focus in on, I just know it's something I'd like to try.
  16. Part of me wishes that I could get away with the hipster style...I kind of like it. I also love the idea of Disney-bounding since it falls into the same category.
  17. If I could road trip it with any five celebrities, it would be with the following: Giuliana Rancic, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Carrie Underwood, and Kelly Clarkson. Talk about the best time ever!
  18. I have this fascination for dreams and if something crazy/bizarre happens in mine, I love googling them to see what they could possibly mean or decoding them with friends or my mom.
  19. My dream vacation would either be to go to Australia or to rent a log cabin in the forrest somewhere with my entire family to just get away for awhile. We could hang out on the lake, play board games, annoy the heck out of each other and just stargaze/roast marshmallows on the campfire and tell a lot of stories.
  20. I love making videos on my MAC, whether it's a music video or something I put together of a vacation. I love media and technology.
  21. I love the aspect of storytelling. For one thing, I guess that's a big reason I love writing so much, but I love hearing people tell stories! I used to make my grandparents tell me stories about their old pictures in photo albums or I'd listen to my grandma read me stories out of this magazine, Reminisce, she used to buy. 
  22. I love the 1920's era...the music, the furniture, the clothes, the hairstyle, the way everyone talked, and just the way they carried themselves.
  23. I would really like to take a cross country road trip in an RV with whoever is willing to go with me...Well, friends or family, of course! I would be in charge of music, of course.
  24. I'm related to Uncle Dave Macon who is in the Country Music Hall of Fame. 
  25. I'm a messy person. I'm very particular with certain things, so people are surprised that I let my room get to the point it does. I'm also borderline "hoarder," as much as I hate to admit it. I save just about every little thing..."Well, this friend gave me this wrapper when she...blah blah blah..." I'm working on that.
  26. Daydreaming for me is a strength and weakness. It helps me write stories and achieve the impossible, but at the same time it really distracts me and pulls me from the moment right now.
  27. If I could have coffee with anyone, it would probably be: Keith Urban, Bethany Joy Lenz, Taylor Swift, Nick Jonas and Colton Dixon. I feel like they would be the coolest to just write with, brainstorm with and talk about life-they're deep/incredibly creative people.
  28. I want to be in a Nicholas Sparks movie! They're all pretty much perfect story lines, settings and leading men.
  29. My biggest fear is settling for what's right in front of me and being average, rather than living out the life that God has planned for me.
  30. My ideal outfit is a sweatshirt, jeans, uggs or Converse and a baseball hat. To dress it up, it would be a dress with cowboy boots.
  31. I'm a list maker; I make lists of everything from favorite celebrities to to-do lists and projects I need to get onto.
  32. I think writing cards and letters to friends is a much cooler way of communicating with friends and family than Facebooking, Tweeting, e-mailing and texting.
  33. As weird as it sounds, I have made some of the greatest friends through One Tree Hill, Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood. We have a lot of the same interests, obviously, but we have a lot of the same goals and dreams too, which makes it really easy to relate to.
  34. My dream date would consist of a day in LA! Walking on the pier in Santa Monica, lunch on Melrose, cruising around town and a Dodger game at night.
  35. Right now, I have no idea where my life is heading, but I love it...I'll end up where I need to be when I'm supposed to. God knows my heart, my desires and will keep me on the right track as long as I stay faithful and keep my eyes on Him.
  36. I've never seen any of the Star Wars, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings movies....crazy, I know! Especially when I have so many friends that are movie buffs.
  37. I can now say I've been caught walking out of the bathroom with toilet paper coming out of my shorts. I always thought I'd be able to dodge that one, but I guess there's a first time for everything.
  38. I'm a lot more daring than I used to be! I really want to go parasailing and go on a hot air balloon ride, I've even been thinking more about skydiving.
  39. The only reason I miss "back to school" time is for a new wardrobe and stocking up on new school supplies. I don't miss high school at all.
  40. I believe everything happens for a reason. Even when things didn't turn out quite like I would've liked them to or I kick myself because I missed my chance with something...I believe that things will turn around and be even better than they were; no regrets.
  41. I own a Grand Ole Opry Takamine guitar-It's also the guitar brand that Kenny Chesney uses! I'm still in the process of learning how to play, though.
  42. I've never dyed my hair, but if I ever did I would want to go with a darker brown.
  43. The first time I met Carrie Underwood, I asked her about mustard. I have no idea why! LOL. I was just curious about something she had said in an interview.
  44. My motto verse is 1 Peter 3:15..."Beautifully Outspoken" is what I want to be.
  45. I'm getting ready to apply to the local university in town, but my heart and gut are telling me to apply to Belmont in Nashville, TN. I guess we'll wait and see how things play out. 
  46. The only job I've ever really had is being the assistant for one of my friend's that is a photographer and house-sitting for a lady from church.
  47. I can refer just about anything to a lyric from a song, and will proceed to imitate that song if the moment calls for it.
  48. The number one person I would LOVE to meet is Josh Duhamel. He's my favorite actor and I've heard he's really sweet too, so that's a plus :)
  49. I am an insomniac and I pretty much have been since the age of 5. It has just gotten worse and I really have a hard time falling asleep these days!
  50. The most played CD on my ipod right now is Chris Young's "Neon". It is one of the best CD's I've heard in awhile and I'm pretty much obsessed with it. I've listened to it just about everyday since I got back from Nashville and haven't gotten sick of it yet. If you haven't listened to it yet...GO GET IT!
That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment