June 26, 2012

My Weekend (Part Two)


Yesterday, which was Sunday, I woke up and got ready. Mom also surprised me with the news that Best Buy had called to say that my computer was ready and they weren't going to charge us for anything this time. Is God good or what? I thought it was going to cost several hundred dollars after dropping it off the other night, but so thankful it didn't. We went to church, as we do every Sunday morning. It was such an incredible service about surrendering ourselves to God and His plans. The funny thing is that when we were in Nashville, this was the series that they were dealing with too and this was my first week back at church in three weeks. Obviously, God thought I needed to hear this message again and He was right. I really have some thinking and changing to do. I always think I'm done, but it's an ongoing process and I've really slipped back into some old habits again and I don't like it. I've been really disconnected and I need to get back into spending time with God, because I can really see how it's affecting my attitude and everyday life.
After church, we went to lunch at Chili's, which was cool. It's basically my mom's favorite restaurant, so she was happy. Then, we went to Best Buy to get my computer...which made me happy. I was so happy to see it all in one piece and running again :). It's crazy how dependent on technology we, or at least I, am.
We ran home really quickly, then my parents dropped me off at the church so I could meet up with my friend Viviyan. We were going to make festive shorts in honor of the Fourth of July, thanks to Pinterest. We went to Michael's to pick up some paint and ended up browsing through some of the other bins and aisles, because there is so much there to get your creative juices flowing. I really want to get back into my crafty side. When I was younger, every summer my grandma and I always had some sort of project or something to do along those lines. As I got older, I got busier with summer school or just lost that and haven't done it as much as I used to. So, it was fun being able to do that again.
Viviyan and I went back to her house and got started. We went outside, under her patio and the weather was perfect. For California in late June, it was completely abnormal to walk outside and it's in the 80's with a cool breeze. We listened to music and worked on our jeans, and just talked.



While our shorts were drying, we went inside so Viviyan could make tank top she had seen on Pinterest and we watched the rest of Couples Retreat. It was an interesting movie, but overall I actually liked the message. It's about couples trying to make it work and in this day in age, that's pretty refreshing. Then, we watched Drop Dead Diva on Netflix. My mom watches it, but I've never seen more than a few minutes, so it was cool actually watching a full episode. It was such a nice afternoon just being with Viviyan and her family. I'm an only child, so it was exciting to have quite a few people just wandering around the house and doing their thing. I like a lot of commotion going on, so I'm surprised I don't want to have a big family of my own...LOL.
Last night, we ordered some take out Mexican food and came home to just hang out. We watched TV for a bit and I went bike riding with my dad. Summer nights are some of the greatest memories I have and some of the things I cherish most. There's something so sentimental about it too...Or maybe I'm just a big old sap. HAHA.

Now, it's time to get ready for another homework filled week. Oh joy!

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment