May 25, 2012

Your 2012 American Idol Is....



After almost a year of auditions, going through thousands of people in different states and cities, and millions of people voting...Phillip Phillips has been named the new American Idol. I could not be happier for him. I wasn't a huge fan at the beginning; Colton and Hollie were my favorites. Well, after both of them went home and Jessica was the only one left I started pulling for him. I always thought he was extremely talented, but just wasn't quite sure if his music was exactly something I'd listen to.

Tuesday night at the finale, he really blew me away with his single. It was catchy and totally him. It upsets me when people say "Well, he only won because girls think he's cute" or "He got the sympathy votes!" He had eight procedures during Idol and had severe kidney problems throughout the competition, but no one knew anything about it until the very end. He won because he is a true artist. I'm sorry, but people don't vote that much, just because a person is cute. You can't listen to 'cute' on the radio.

Hopefully now that the season is over, Phillip will be able to get some rest and get well before the tour starts up. I'm so excited to see him perform again and really excited to hear his own material. I love that throughout the season, he never changed who he was or tried to persuade votes a certain way. Heck, he could've milked his being sick for all it was worth, but he didn't. He didn't even let on that anything was wrong, people just always thought he wasn't that excitable. The way he pulled through is truly inspiring, and I can't wait to see what he does when he's feeling 100% better.

Also, can we just take a few minutes to recognize that this is now 10/11 seasons that the person I've wanted to win and voted for has won! The only time I was wrong was with Scotty McCreery...I demand a recount ;) HAHA.

That's all for now,
Shelby <3

No comments:

Post a Comment