May 16, 2012

A Little Poem For You

Lately, I've been missing someone. Someone I've never met, but know that I will sometime soon and more pieces of the puzzle in my life will come together. I'm finally starting to realize that I know nothing about love or finding "Prince Charming" if he even really exists. But, one of these days he'll be the best part of me, he'll bring out the best in me and I'll have forgotten what life was like before him. As I write this, I realize how sickening it sounds...but someday I hope to have a love deeper than just what I've seen on TV or in movies. I want to find my best friend.

While reading blogs, I stumbled on this poem that describes exactly what I've wanted to say:

"How can I miss you when we haven’t even met.
You, sir. My future. I know you. I feel you in my bones.
My morning bones, aching full with sleep. I feel you.
I know you. I know you in the way my hair fall across my face.
In the way my lips meet that of my glass filled with fresh water.
In the curve of my hips, I know you. You meet me, in thoughts and plans.
I miss you. You sir, a part of a past life, a part of a future one.
You meet me in the spaces of my mind, but not yet upon this ground I tread.
I am scared you have found something or someone else.
I am here. Reaching towards a future that is yet to be determined. "


That's all for now,
Shelby <3

No comments:

Post a Comment