April 24, 2012

This Weekend

Saturday, my parents went out of town so I had the place to myself for a couple days. It was my first time of being on my own, which is crazy...but true. I decided to get ready as soon as my parents left, then decided to watch One Tree Hill and Dawson's Creek. I also got some food delivered to my house. I felt like such an adult ;) 

I was going to go swimming at Viviyan's grandparents' house, but it didn't work out, so she ended up coming to my house. We decided to lay out in my backyard, because it was so warm and a perfect Summer-ish day. We took pictures, talked, and flipped through magazines. It's simple moments like that that make everything seem so much better. We didn't stay outside for too long, so we could start getting ready for Hillary's surprise birthday party. 





We stopped by the grocery store, because it was a potluck and Starbucks, then headed over. We hung out for a bit before Hillary made her entrance. It was so much fun, though. There was plenty of food, Just Dance, and good company to keep us occupied. I caught up with our friend, Alex, who we haven't seen in awhile. Later on, Makenzie kept us pretty entertained while playing with Hillary's iPhone 4s using Siri. I wonder what we did before phones.....? We ended up going on a photo scavenger hunt and having to do a few wacky things like each team member has to make their first initial out of something, something with The Hunger Games, and you had to spell something out with their bodies. After that, we were trying to decided what else to do; we ended up going to Hillary and Makenzie's friends house to watch "Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark". I'm pretty terrified of scary movies, so I was freaking out...but it ended up not being very scary at all. A little suspenseful in parts, but it wasn't anything that I couldn't handle. I actually think the trailer was creepier than the actual movie. 


Viviyan ended up staying with me that night, which was awesome! It was close to 4 a.m when we got home, so we were pretty wiped out, and fell asleep pretty quickly.

Sunday morning, we ended up waking up a bit later than we would've liked to, but it still worked out. We went to this diner close to my house, Spencer's, and had breakfast and great conversation. We talked about Catalyst and our favorite speakers and just life in general. 


We picked up her sister, then headed for church! It was about being connected in church and having "family" there that you can really count on. It reminded me of how thankful I truly am for my group of friends from church, even if we're not extremely close. They've all changed my life in some way or another. Our pastor even used my story from his Facebook page in the sermon, that made me excited :) Viviyan dropped me off after church (and it was SO hot here, btw), and not too long after, my parents got home. We had lunch at Chili's, then came home for the rest of the afternoon. I took a nap that lasted for a few hours; I haven't done that in awhile. It was SO nice! I'm surprised I was still tired that night when I got ready for bed. It was nice to be able to unwind from the crazy week, and actually start letting everything sink in. 
I don't usually change this much in a day...lol.

That's all for now, 
Shelby <3

No comments:

Post a Comment