April 12, 2012

Picture This


“I wish we could sometimes love the characters in real life as we love the characters in romances. There are a great many human souls whom we should accept more kindly, and even appreciate more clearly, if we simply thought of them as people in a story.”


You've just graduated high school and have been accepted to your number one university choice. From there, you graduate with a a bachelor's degree, and land your dream job. You're doing just fine on your own, with a few close friends, when you meet the man or woman of your dreams. You fall in love almost immediately after meeting and are married about a year and a half later. You're both doing well in the financial department, so you buy the little ranch style house just on the outskirts of town. Now that you're settled into a life, you can have a family. You have your first born, raise her, and before you know it she's out on her own to create her very own dream life as well.

Yeah...because that's how life works, right? We get those picture perfect moments stuck in our mind, and once we do it's hard to knock them out. Or maybe I'm alone in that. But, what I'm finding out, is that real life is so much more complex and beautiful than any movie or book or TV show will ever be able to fully capture. You have to experience it for yourself rather than living through characters that don't exist.
We think that we have to have it all lined up, because then everything will go just so. But, God has a better plan, and when we let go of ours He can fully work in us.  I always thought that more I think of that special someone or the more that I think about that ultimate dream job, then it'll happen. It doesn't.

As far as who we're going to end up with? Well, it could be anyone. Sometimes I think I know exactly who it'll be or I just have a "feeling", but in the end I have no clue. I think I have to know them better or have a certain friendship with them. Until I was watching an episode of Felicity the other day and it changed my perspective on things.
“I’m just saying, you know, you can’t know who that person is, the person who will become your ultimate confidante, your soulmate or your lover. He may be someone you’ve had your eye on for years or he might be that guy standing next to you in torn jeans buying some part of his motorcycle. Whoever it is, he starts off as a stranger, could be anyone.”
It's so true. Every relationship starts somewhere. Take it slow.

I guess the point of this rambling blog is that things take time. Don't rush into anything, just enjoy the moment and pray about it. You'll never know the right move to make until you consult with God. I've learned that one from experience, and I think I'd rather go His way anyway. You've got nothing to lose right? Especially if it isn't yours right now anyway.

That's all for now,
Shelby <3

No comments:

Post a Comment