April 24, 2012

Catalyst Convention


Last Wednesday-Friday, I went to Irvine with my church's Young Adults group to a convention called Catalyst. It's mainly for leaders and people that are looking to get involved in ministry, but it's open to anyone. It was an absolute blast! We had a lot of girl bonding time in the room, laughed until we couldn't breathe, stayed up too late, got to know some other people from our group that I've never had much of a chance to talk to, heard so many inspiring speakers, and learned more of what it truly means to be a leader. We got to see Tony Hawk and there was even a surprise visit from Mark Burnett, who has created shows like "The Voice", "Survivor", and "The Apprentice". That was really cool! I also went to a luncheon with some of the other girls in our group, and I ended up meeting a pastor's wife from Nashville. I told her I was coming back for CMA Fest, and that I love Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood. She said Taylor is one of her favorite people ever, and also added that her sons were in the "Mine" video, which I thought was so cool. She said it's their "claim to fame" and I don't blame them one bit ;) LOL.

The theme this year was "Be Present", which was something we all needed to be reminded of with this day in age of technology. It reminded me to be more aware of what's around me, to love more, to listen and to just LIVE more. Special moments with family and friends won't always be there, so soak it up while you can. It has me more aware of where I need to spend more time and what I need to do in order to live life to the fullest and do what God has called me to do while I'm on the earth.





































I can't wait until next year,
Shelby <3

No comments:

Post a Comment