March 5, 2012

I Live For The Little Moments Like That

"Enjoy the little things in life...for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."


The older I get, the more I start to realize that it's the little things that count. It's not the huge things that have happened in my life that I remember; it's the way it made me feel, the short conversations I had with people...it's the little details that make the most impact. 
It's so easy to get caught up in the bad or how things didn't work out the way I'd planned. Now, that I've started working on being more positive it has changed everything for me. I used to think that the best days of my life were automatically when something major happened, like going to a concert, having a celebration, or something really out of the ordinary. But, now those things don't matter so much. It's a text from someone I wasn't expecting, coffee date with a friend, hearing my favorite song on the radio, watching the sunset, nice weather, someone saying a prayer for me, and other things like that that bring a TRUE smile to my face. Knowing that I have the support of my family and friends can't be topped. Those are things that are lasting. 

I was reading an old journal entry of mine, when I came across a list I had made of "50 Reasons To Be Happy."It can be a generic idea or something specific that always makes you smile. I want to start doing this at least once a day, where I can list the highlights and find at least ONE good thing about each day. There's a lot to be celebrated and I don't want to miss it just because I might be in a bad mood, it's not worth it. 
  1. Being alive-my health
  2. Family and friends that don't give up on me
  3. An unfailing, ever present God will never leave
  4. The talents that God has given me
  5. Music
  6. The beauty of nature
  7. Church family
  8. A bright future to look forward to
  9. Good times I've had in the past
  10. Incredible people I've met 
  11. The silver linings of situations
  12. Sun shine
  13. A talk with a best friend
  14. Forgiveness
  15. Knowing I can make a difference in this world
  16. Everything on earth is temporary, someday we'll all be in a much better place
  17. Being who I am. I'm not changing for anyone
  18. Not depending on others for my happiness
  19. Life is an adventure
  20. Love
  21. Knowing one day I'll find my Prince Charming
  22. You are not your mistakes
  23. Flowers
  24. Good food
  25. Small friendly gestures from people you don't know
  26. Marathons with family and friends
  27. The big blue sky
  28. Life in general
  29. The ocean
  30. Things happen, don't dwell on it. Move forward.
  31. Losing yourself in a daydream
  32. The power of my imagination
  33. God's word and the promises He has made us
  34. Hugs
  35. Warm weather
  36. Breathtaking views
  37. Vacations (or at least the idea of them)
  38. Knowing what's important in life
  39. Freedom
  40. Watching my favorite episode of my favorite TV shows
  41. Being included in plans
  42. Knowing the people you can always count on in tough situations
  43. Getting lost in a book
  44. Birthday cards
  45. Capturing that perfect moment in a picture
  46. A cup of coffee or hot tea
  47. A new journal
  48. A comfy sweatshirt
  49. A new dress to wear somewhere special
  50. Quiet time in the morning with God


That's all for now,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment