March 25, 2012

Always and Forever

Is it just me or all young couples pulling a Nathan and Haley by getting married in high school or right out of high school? Back in the day, I get that that was the norm, but these days life is just not that simple. The cost of living has gone up, jobs are harder to come by, and people just have a different mentality than they used to. We want things now and we don't want to have to work for them, but marriage can't fall into that category. I don't think my generation or the ones even younger than me are prepared for that. Some are and I guess it's not fair of me to group everyone together, but a good majority are not thinking things completely through. They think 'we're in love now' ...and well that's really the end of the thought process.

I don't doubt young love. There is no certain age to fall in love or to find that person you want to spend the rest of your life with, but in my opinion, I would want to have a college degree and a steady job before I jumped into making a life with someone else. In fact, I'd like to venture out on my own and find out who I am before I start to blend with someone else. I think we should all get out from under our parents' wing before we're married to discover who WE are and what WE want. For so long, we are told what to do and I think it's important to see what kind of decisions we make outside of our families. Or maybe I'm just bitter because I'm nowhere near starting a life with a "special someone" LOL. But, truth be told...I have a lot of life to live before I'd want to settle down. But, I know that when the right time and the right one comes along, it'll all work out and the rest won't matter so much.

That's all for now,
Shelby
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment