February 25, 2012

You Can't Push Love Away


I'm the kind of person that once I've had a bad experience with something, I don't want to go back and try it again. I've been like that for as long as I can remember really. Whether it was riding a roller coaster at Disneyland or trying a certain food. As I got older, I can see how it got a little worse . If people hurt me once, they all would...and they'd keep doing it. So, I wanted to wait for people to come to me, because I was afraid. Lately, I've been learning to be more assertive- to put myself out there and just see what happens. That's also where things get a little messy...finding that line between being too clingy and just going for something.

You might be able to get away with that in some cases, but love isn't one of them. Just because someone broke your heart once or it hasn't worked out for people you've known, doesn't mean that'll be the same for you. Sometimes, as hard as it is, you just have to forget the past. Be cautious, but not so much that it will hold you back from things you want to try. I know it has paid off in a lot of other areas in my life, so why can't this ring just as true?

Don't put love in a category just because it hasn't worked out just yet. Someday you'll find someone who'll make your world spin in the best ways possible. Guard your heart for it affects everything you do, but don't shut it off completely. You'll be surprised at the most unexpected places you can find love. I'm speaking to myself as I write this too, so don't think I've got it all figured out because I don't...AT ALL.

That's all for now,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment