February 3, 2012

This Week In Review


Definitely finding this out...
I had such a great week, spent with so many incredible people and God continuing to show me who He is and just how amazing He is, when I have patience with Him.

Monday:
I helped my friend, Mandy out in her classroom again! It is becoming a normal routine now, which I love. I really kept busy this time: graded math tests, read with a few groups, read with a some other kids individually, organized some books, etc. I have so much respect for teachers and all that they do! It's definitely not easy running a classroom all by yourself! It can pretty tiring if you don't have help. I might not have the official teaching bug, but I'm definitely more open to the idea than I would have been a few months ago. I still think I'll stick to being the "helper." I don't like the idea of being in control of 32 8-9 year olds ;) LOL.
After school, we ran a few errands (I got to play the assistant, which I love doing-we went to Lexus and a bookstore), then Mandy dropped me off. Before I knew it, it was time for Bible study!

The classroom! 
Lexus! Free food and TV ;)

Ceci's note! ;)
Geography....SO boring!

Tuesday:
I had a couple of classes! Geography is such a drag, not gonna lie. I feel like it easily could've been an online class, but oh well. I ended up talking to the girl I sit next to, Michelle, more than usual and it turns out we have a lot of the same beliefs! She told me about how she was wanting to start a Bible study type group on campus, where we would just be able to worship and pray, etc. She asked if I would be interested, which I totally am. The days might not actually work out, because I might not be on campus...but we'll see. If it's meant to happen, it will. It's so exciting to see what God is doing. 

Wednesday:
I woke up just feeling a little unsettled/fearful/anxious about some things. So, I decided to pray and read my Bible instead of focusing on those thoughts or feelings like I usually do. I'm learning to direct all my problems to God, which has been a real issue for me in the past. Instead of bearing them all on my own and let them eat away at me, I'm giving them to God...and for the first time in my life I really understand what that means. I also have the most amazing friends that will pray when it comes to a hard time, and I couldn't be more thankful for that. The rest of the day turned out really great; I ran some errands with my mom, hung out, and went to our Young Adults service at church, where me and a few friends helped lead worship! It was so much fun. It was such an intimate time of coming together to worship, hang out, and focus on the message of love, which is perfect with Valentine's Day coming up. I honestly don't know what I would do without this group...or remember what I did when we didn't have it.



Verse Viviyan text me when I asked for prayer! :)




I don't know what I'd do without them!


Hillary was talking about a certain situation and I said Taylor had a song about that...They laughed at me ;)


Thursday:


Bible verse encouragement board I decided to make!


Friday:
Today was amazing! My mom and I had a few errands to run and did a little shopping. We're really close, but I think this was one of the first times we haven't argued at all during the day! The Lord is answering my prayers, let me tell you! We were laughing and joking most of the time, and it was so much fun. I'm seeing how attitude and your way of thinking changes everything. It affects everything you do. Today I made each second count! :) 

Coffeeeee!

We picked up a CD my mom won from our radio station!





From my wonderful pen pal :)

This is going to be an amazing weekend :D I'm so excited! My friends and I are going stargazing! It's my first official time of going out to just look at the stars. Words will probably not be able to describe tomorrow night!

Have a blessed and fabulous weekend,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment