February 27, 2012

Sunday

Yesterday I was on the worship team at church, but I didn't stop at Starbucks on the way over so I was able to sleep in a little longer. It was so hard getting up; I was dragging. I was all toasty under my covers with my little heater next to me and did not feel like going out to face the cold, but I did. Since we had practice on Thursday, it was a little easier to find our parts, but everyone was having a hard time waking up. We ran through all of the songs and then it was time for the first service. Overall, I think it went pretty good...As always with the first time through there are a few little glitches that can always be worked out. By the time we were done, though, Viviyan and I were just ready for some coffee at Starbucks.

This was my Bethany Joy Galeotti inspired outfit!

Viviyan and I ordered then decided to sit down at one of the tables outside since it was such a gorgeous day. It was rather chilly, but it was so worth it because the sun was shining just right! We were able to have a good talk; it feels like its been forever since just the two of us have had a Starbucks date. We used to do it  every once in awhile, but now that we see each other all the time, we're always pretty much caught up on what's going on in the other's life. Oh, and how could I forget? We're sitting there, minding our own business when a firetruck drives by (full of firemen) and honks at us; we turn around and see them waving, so of course, we waved back. That was a definite highlight for us ;)



I spilled coffee on myself right before the 2nd service, but everyone said you couldn't tell! :)
In between services is always fun, because it gives me a chance to talk to/see people that I don't always get to at the usual service I go to. We had two more to go after the first, and each one got better. My favorite song to sing this week was "God Of This City", it was so powerful with the choir singing with us, and just a song that reminds us of God's promises and all that He has in store for us. Every time we'd sing it, it gave me chills and had me excited for what God is going to do and what He's already doing in my life and my friends' lives. It was a really great time.

After the last service, I went to lunch with my parents and some family friends! We usually get to do that when I sing at church, because they go to a different service, so I always look forward to that.

The rest of the afternoon, I watched the red carpet for the Oscars, which is the best part. The awards themselves get pretty boring! Hillary and I were tweeting back and forth with each other about what everyone was wearing and what was happening, which was fun.
One of my favorite blogs favorited one of my tweets! :D I was so excited! 
I wasn't able to watch the awards because I went to my new friend, Chris', birthday get together. And ya know what? I wouldn't have had it any other way. Some of the greatest people I've ever known were all there and I realized that we're all like family now. We all just mingled for a little bit, then sat around the bonfire, while Martin messed around with the guitar. We had planned on doing a few worship songs, but it kept getting later and later, and didn't work out. Instead, we just sat there talking, making fun of each other, debating on who was cuter (Josh Duhamel or Channing Tatum...Josh won of course), and telling our testimonies. I probably ended up rambling or coming across different than I meant to because I like to have what I'm going to say planned out on paper. If not, I tend to go away from what I had intended. Either way, it was really amazing to hear about everyone's journey (what brought them to our church and back to Christ). It all led us to that moment right there, and I wouldn't have traded it for anything. I love each and every one of them so much! I felt so blessed. I'm so thankful for all of them!



I came home, watched a little of the Oscars coverage with my mom, had dinner (my parents brought me home a sandwich) and pretty soon after, went to bed. For whatever this week/weekend just wore me out. I had so much fun, though, so it was totally worth it!

That's all for now,
Shelby
xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment