February 26, 2012

People That Inspire Me #5- Keith Urban


Oh, Mr. Keith Urban you sure know how to hit me with the beautiful lyrics and melodies in your songs! Keith has inspired me in songwriting; the way he writes and captures such raw emotions is incredible. The way he can make anything on his guitar sound amazing is mind boggling. And the vulnerability in his voice tugs at my heart strings. I've seen him live a few times and his shows are top notch. He has played most of his top hits, ran around crazy, shredding his guitar all over the place, and even gave away a guitar. The joy he has while he's on stage shows just how much he truly has a passion for what he does and that's what we should all aspire to do. He's such a quiet, sincere guy that likes to keep his private life private. It's almost as if he gets embarrassed by the fact that people want to talk about him in interviews. He wears his heart on his sleeve, or rather in his music. He pours out his heart and soul, and so rare that you find a such a guy's guy that will pour so much feeling into a song. One year that I was back in Nashville during CMA Fest week, we were all hanging out by the red carpet waiting for the stars to arrive at the CMT Music Video Awards. All of a sudden, we see this little golf cart show up...we're so far down, we can't really tell who it is. Well, it turned out to be KEITH URBAN! Minutes were going by and he was getting closer to our section, and the second he did I took off running! Those of you who know me, the only time I run is for a celebrity ;) hahaha. Anyway, in all of the excitement, I left the camera with my mom not really thinking I would get that close. I ended up getting to shake his hand and I thought I was going to pass out. After that day, I gained so much more respect for him. He took the time to get there earlier to shake every single hand or take a picture with the fans that were waiting out in the heat in Nashville. I will never ever forget his generosity. Keith Urban is living proof that the phoenix rises again. He has overcome so much from being in rehab and battling personal demons to being the real family man and husband that he is today. I also love the way he talks... The guy is brilliant and speaks eloquently. He is the kind of person I'd love to have coffee and write with in. Nashville. One of these days, it will happen! I want to marry a guy like that someday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment