February 29, 2012

A Few New Segments Coming Soon!

There are a few new ideas I've been trying to come up with to mix things up a little with my blog; something that will challenge me, help me grow as a writer, and something that will just get the word out there about it. Maybe if I start doing some different things, it'll set me apart from the crowd. I hope to get started with them very soon. 


My aunt and uncle got me a really cool apron and some kitchen utensils for my birthday back in January and it has inspired me to really get into cooking/baking.Now,I haven't tried anything yet, but looking on Pinterest everyday has given me some ideas to find something I could try in the future. I think it would also be great practice for when I have a family of my own someday. So, I want to start a new section on here called "In The Kitchen With Shelby!" I thought it would be fun to get some of my friends and family involved with some of their recipes, and maybe it'll give me a few more stories to share as well. Hopefully, I'll be able to get this started very soon.



I got the idea for a new segment on my blog I want to start "A Day In __________" from Dianna Agron's (Glee) new blog, You,Me, And Charlie. They had posted something over there asking for submissions for tours of hometowns. I thought it would be a lot of fun to try that in my hometown, but more than that...it would be fun to try when I go out state or to a new city. 

I thought it would be fun to start covering more about restaurants, shops/boutiques, hot spots, and other things in the area I'm in. That way, I'm learning more about the place I'm visiting and what the locals like to do there. I want to learn more about the history, the locals that live there, where it originated and what the city is known for. 



I've always loved going to Dodger games; my family used to go all the time with our church group or family friends when I was younger. Then, for awhile we just stopped going or were too busy and didn't get a chance to. When I was about 14, we bought this weekend package where we were down there every couple weeks-every other weekend and we did that for a couple years. Last year, we ended up just buying season tickets, and let me tell you it has been a blast.I've been able to bring friends to a lot of the games and we have had some of the best times exploring LA beforehand and at the games in general. This year, we bought season tickets again and I am so excited! I'll be reporting about the games and who I see...after all, it is Hollywood and you never know who will be there ;). There's also one game where we'll be on the ground level, where it's all you can eat, and usually where the celebrities sit. I'm usually terrified that the ball is going to fly straight towards me and hit me in the face, and sitting where we are for this one, I really need be paying attention to the game. I joked that there better be a big star sitting by us at that game to make it worth it. HAHA. So, be on the lookout starting in April. 



And, of course, I'll be continuing with my number one topic of entertainment: movies, TV, music, and everything in between. I'm going to try to cover more analysis's of episodes, characters, and movies. I'll also be doing more reviews of music and things like that. If I'm ever at premieres or at an event of some sort in Hollywood, I'm gonna try my best to get some videos of the celebs and pictures as always. 


As the season of Idol started up officially with the top 24 last night, I decided I want to track the journey of the contestants and this season in general. I'm going to do a review each week and predict who I think will be going home each week, leading up to the finale, which I will most likely be covering :)


Basically, I should've been covering One Tree Hill from the start, but I've been so wrapped up in trying to figure everything out for myself that finding the words to blog about it would be hard. But, since we're getting towards the end with episode nine having aired tonight, I think I'm going to start this up. Also, trying to post anything I find of the cast, favorite moments, etc. I think it would be fun to wrap it up with them.



I want to start doing more video updates. I used to make videos for practically anything and everything I'd do when I first got my MacBook, whether it was hanging out with friends or a trip to Nashville. Then, life just got a little bit busier and I haven't had the time or patience to sit there and edit for hours like I used to want to. But, this is the year to document big and small things, because they're all important. I'm actually in the works with one of me and my friends at the beach. I'm going to try to get that up sometime next week!



I've done a lot of posts from Polyvore dealing with fashion and I do my best/worst dressed of the award shows, but I'm going to start doing it more regularly. I'll be posting my favorite styles/icons of the week, my favorite accessories and items, celebrity looks, products, and whatever else falls along those lines at the time. I really love fashion; there's something that is so expressive about it. I've always loved designing my own clothes, especially after Mary-Kate and Ashley launched their line back in the day. It's definitely a dream of mine, as I'm sure it is every other girl in America. This way, I get to live it out ;).




Lastly, I'd like to start doing "Daily Inspiration." I've been trying to do that every once in awhile, whether it's a quote, line from a movie,YouTube video, a picture or something that stood out to me in a song. Art is a powerful thing and if you're reading my blog, then chances are you're pretty artsy/creative too. Sometimes all it takes is something extremely simple that will strike me and change the rest of my day. That's what I want my blog to be. I want to help people and I want this to be a place of inspiration. I want to make a difference in the words that I speak and the things that I post. I want all of you to know that there is greatness inside of each of us. God has given all of us different talents and He's made us all unique for a reason. I know it's easy to get lost in things like "Why don't I look like her?" or "Why can't I sing like that?" And that's because God has something different for each of our lives. You're all beautiful and whatever you're going through right now will pass; hold your chin up and believe that there's a better life waiting for you at the end of the tunnel!


These are all...


That's all for now,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment