January 19, 2012

The Words I Couldn't Say

"What do I do now that you're gone, no backup plan, no second chance and no one else to blame. All I can hear in the silence that remains...are the words I couldn't say." <3 Rascal Flatts

There's nothing worse than the echoes and hauntings of words you wish you had said or the words you had planned to say, but just ran out of time. You end up making up your own scenarios of what could've been or what could've happened had you just said what you were feeling. I'd rather regret what I said, than what I didn't say...at least then they'd know. We don't always get second chances to make things right with people, so when we do it's important that we make the most of them or to realize what we have in the first place when it's staring us back in the face.

It takes a lot of courage and guts to say how we feel...believe me, I know. That's why I usually write letters to people. For me, I can always get the right words out in pen and paper that I might not always be able to say in person. Plus, it's more personal; when I write, it comes from the heart, when I just speak, it's coming from out of the blue and I'm trying to find the words as I go along. I guess that's what we're all trying to do...some are just better at it than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment