January 17, 2012

Tuesday

This morning, I woke up a lot earlier than I usually do...but not on purpose. My mind was filled with all kinds of thoughts and worries about personal stuff and the beginning of the semester starting today. I felt restless ; so instead of trying to go back to sleep like I really wanted to, I pulled out my devotional book and prayed. And what do you know? The devotion was on "fear." It helped a lot! God's gonna get me through all of it, I just have to keep trusting Him. I know I sound like a broken record, but it's just something that I really need to let sink in.


Pretty soon, it was time to start getting ready to head to school, which I was really not looking forward to. I go to school in a small town, about 45 minutes away from where I live. It's an interesting town, full of really interesting people. It's kind of like Stars Hollow or Tree Hill just not as pretty as either. And since I STILL don't have my license, my mom has to drive me. Pretty lame, right? It's a good thing we're close :)
My first class was geography, which was not as fascinating as I'd hoped it would be...but the professor was entertaining. We got out extremely early, so I had about 30 minutes or so to kill. I decided I'd check out the library and write or something. It was pretty busy; there were a lot of kids just hanging out or studying, and I even saw some people I'd had classes with. It's cool that I'm actually starting to get to know more people out there, even if we weren't close. Finally, it was 11 so I decided to head to my next class.


I'm also taking a sociology class, and from the description I wasn't exactly sure how I would feel about it...but it actually sounds like it's going to be really exciting. It's going to challenge us and get us out of our comfort zones, which is something I've been wanting to try. Our professor even showed a clip from The Office, where they're talking about diversity, because that was what we were dealing with today. Our first assignment is to design something that when he looks at it, he sees us or something like that. I really want to create something unique, but I have a feeling this is going to be a trick assignment.
I think it's going to be a great semester, but it's also going to be stressful. I'm still praying I can get into a math class at some point, because I don't want everything to get pushed back even more than it already is. But, I'm trusting God that it will all work out the way it's supposed to. I'm on the wait list, so that's really all I can do right now...wait. I'm already ready for summer though, is that bad? Thank goodness I only have to be on campus twice a week (T/TR).
This afternoon I got a jump start on homework for my online classes (Film and Government), which wasn't too bad when I wasn't getting sidetracked by listening to music, blogging, or Facebooking. I did get some stuff done though. Luckily, I still have a couple more days to get it done.

I know I keep saying things like, "some really incredible things are coming up," but they are. And everyday it feels like I'm finding out about something else. Today, I officially signed on to sing February 1 for our Young Adults gathering at church with Viviyan and another friend of ours. Plus, my friends and I are getting more serious about our talk for that road trip...too bad it's not until April :/. Hopefully it'll be here before we know it.

That's all for now,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment