January 12, 2012

There's A One Tree Hill Quote For Everything

Mark Schwann is one of those rare TV geniuses that has a vision and knows exactly what he wants to do when he gets an idea for something, and he also has a way with the words. That's something that drew me into the show. Even before I'd started watching One Tree Hill, I'd see all these quotes that were so profound and that I actually related to. I remember following One Tree Hill quotes on Twitter long before I got into it, and "favorite"-ing just about everything I saw. In fact, in the first episode (All Tomorrow's Parties) that really got me into the show, I knew one of the quotes by heart because it had become one that always stuck with me at important moments in my life. So here are a few, though I'm sure I'll be posting more and duplicates of some in the very near future.

THIS. 
"George Bernard Shaw once wrote, 'There are two tragedies in life: One is to lose your hearts desire and the other is to gain it.' Clearly, Shaw had his heart broken once or twice." ~Brooke

"This year I got everything I wanted and everything I wished for. But, in a way...I lost it even more." ~Haley

"Shaw was right. As we strain to grasp the things we desire, the things we think will make our lives better: money, popularity, fame...we ignore what truly matters: the simple things like friendship, family, love. The things we probably already had." ~Lucas

"Brooke Davis is gonna change the world someday, and I'm not even sure she knows it!" ~Brooke reading out of Lucas' book, An Unkindness of Ravens

"If you could go back and change just one thing about your life, would you? And if you did, would that change ultimately break your heart or the heart of another? Would you choose an entirely different path? Or would you change just one thing? Just one moment...just one moment that you always wanted back."

"Our biggest regrets are not for things we did--but for the things we didn't do. Things we didn't say that could've saved someone we cared about."


No comments:

Post a Comment